Why do some of my videos do much better than others?

HungryGrizz

Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2015
YouTube
Currently I am having a problem that many other you tubers have gone through. that is that some of my videos which happen to be rainbow-six videos are doing a lot better than my other videos. does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get people to enjoy my non rainbow six game play oriented videos just as much? have you had this problem? and how to I create a channel where my subs will like watching all the games/ diffrent topic videos that I make. any tips will be helpful

Dylucke

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 5, 2016
The Netherlands
YouTube
I noticed the same thing on some of my series, some will attract more then others because they are "in" right now while others have probably been covered to death.

I don't let it bother me as i do this for fun so i just play whatever i like to my hearts content.

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
It depends on the content of your videos. Also, look at your tags that you use that made those videos popular.

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Currently I am having a problem that many other you tubers have gone through. that is that some of my videos which happen to be rainbow-six videos are doing a lot better than my other videos. does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get people to enjoy my non rainbow six game play oriented videos just as much? have you had this problem? and how to I create a channel where my subs will like watching all the games/ diffrent topic videos that I make. any tips will be helpful

I have same problem but in different way, The problem is your subs/viewers might like most popular video at that moment, but if you get people watch all of you videos those are you true subs/viewers becuse they love you content not the gameplay, just be patient with new game or popular gameplay people :D

Breezy123

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2016
England
YouTube
you can use cards on your videos and mention your other videos aswell as put annotations on screen taking your viewers to your other videos!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
This is something every gamer has when doing youtube.

Every game has its own audience and where some games are populair right and others don't and in some cases never will be.
Also keep in mind that many games are claimed by the bigger channels wich is why it is harder to get noticed, besides that many others play and record the same game making tags being overused and therefor making your video bump down in the rankings.

Jae Evans

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
I'd suggest to keep all of your videos and playlists at the top of what you can create. Some games may be "in" or "out", but you as the creator can choose what can be entertaining and what can fall off. This was just a suggestion, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your YouTube channel. Best of luck!