Why did you start a YouTube channel?

uberimmortalomen

Upload daily!
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
zehimmortalomen
As in the title, I want to know why everyone started a YouTube channel and what you hope to get out of it?

I personally, started YouTube because I thought it looked fun(and I was totally right) so for me, getting big on YouTube isn't something I aim for or try for. I'm gonna love doing it whether I get 1 view or 1,000,000 views. So, at the end of the day I do YouTube for the joy of it, nothing else matters to me.

So, let me know why you guys do YouTube too :)

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I just started mine as a hobby, It was also a good idea as its developed my video editing & GFX skills which will come in handy. I very much doubt I'll get anywhere on YT, even just 100 subs would be nice. I'm currently stockpiling videos for the sake of keeping the channel active over my first Uni year, after that I'll see where it is and debate whether to keep it going or to leave it as is for the following 2 years.​

uberimmortalomen

Upload daily!
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
zehimmortalomen
I just started mine as a hobby, It was also a good idea as its developed my video editing & GFX skills which will come in handy. I very much doubt I'll get anywhere on YT, even just 100 subs would be nice. I'm currently stockpiling videos for the sake of keeping the channel active over my first Uni year, after that I'll see where it is and debate whether to keep it going or to leave it as is for the following 2 years.​
I agree that learning video editing/graphic design is a great consequence of YouTube. No one ever thinks of it when starting off but realize that they are kinda forced to learn this skill, and I love that! Hope everything goes well for you in the future though :)

Reactions: Jonathan

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
As in the title, I want to know why everyone started a YouTube channel and what you hope to get out of it?

I personally, started YouTube because I thought it looked fun(and I was totally right) so for me, getting big on YouTube isn't something I aim for or try for. I'm gonna love doing it whether I get 1 view or 1,000,000 views. So, at the end of the day I do YouTube for the joy of it, nothing else matters to me.

So, let me know why you guys do YouTube too :)
For me it is about the experience and getting to know other people who share the same interests :)

Reactions: uberimmortalomen

An English Gent Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 30, 2017
YouTube
ENGGentGaming
I started YouTube and being a YouTube Gaming channel because I loved watching loads of content from big channels, a lot from gamers and others mostly vloggers etc. I just really love YouTube as a whole. SO Anyway i thought I would give it a shout and to my suprise people liked what I was doing so I continued.

Really video/contnet creating was my interest and YouTube has helped my gain editing skills that I never had before just by learning from trial and error with my gaming videos. I guess we all hope to have that one video that takes us to the top, but for now I am really happy with my subs I have and I think its great people going out of there way to sub to your channel as they like the content you produce.

My aim now is just be consistant with uploads every Friday at 6PM UK time and see where it all goes from there.

- Gent

Capt_Dark

Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
I want to share my love and passion for games. I grew up on the retro systems and I am currently working on modding my NES for HDMI output and the same with my N64. I want people to see what I see when I play games.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
I made my channel to compete against the well known YouTuber names SSoHPKC, but I'm way too behind of him to make him as my competition, but, since he was one of my favorite youtubers, then I thought I should do commentaries do, since, the way he did it was fun, sarcastic and very funny... Also, I wanted to show the world how I play the game, no matter how poor my commentaries were when I first started, till this day, I think my commentaries are poor and hideous.

MrJ

Mar 25, 2017
YouTube
I originally started it because It looks fun but now I do it to improve my editing skills since I'm doing media production at college and want to be an editor.

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
back in the day, I started my channel not to post videos, but just so I could interact with other people and leave comments on videos. making my own content wasn't something that came into the picture until around 5 years ago. someone told me i should start a channel based around tech..or geeky things at least.

I didn't take it seriously at all, and nothing really came out of it. fast forward to last year..and that all changed. I stated my main channel, terry's tech and things, to mainly explore Linux and talk tech. and while that worked out great for me, i grew tired of linux content. not because I'm done using it, but because I feel like I can't teach people anymore. I always say that the best way to learn is to teach someone else...and unfortunately I've run out of things to learn! haha

So now I've done a complete rebrand of my channel; i'm getting back to my gaming roots. The tech and linux content isn't going anymore, but I am moving the main focus of the channel to games and PC hardware. it's something I wanted to do for a while now, but I was afriad to make the jump because I didn't want to let my viewers down. luckily, everyone has overwhelmingly supportive and encouraging.

So there's that! haha here's to another good year :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Personally I started my channel in order to share my love of gaming with people, I never though of it as anything more than a hobby it allows me to focus on content I want to play / review and share this with the community which is wonderful.

TotalGamerHolic

Distinguished User
Nov 4, 2014
US, Ohio
YouTube
It was just a hobby of playing my favorite games and doing commentary over them. I used to do gameplay videos without commentary on an older channel that has since been closed down but that was 10 years ago. I then tried collabing with a friend and doing dual commentary for a while then I realized I wanted to make videos on my own so that's how this channel was created.