YouTube Why can't I select a game when I edit the description and stuff?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
You know how when you select the gaming category, and you type in your game, and if the game is on that YouTube Gaming thing, then it shows up as you type it? You also see it at the bottom of the description. Well, for some reason, on the very last video I uploaded of Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, which won't be public for a couple months, it doesn't show the Doom 3 BFG game when I type it under the category selection. It worked with the previous videos of that game, but now it's just not working.

Is there any reason why YouTube won't let me add in a game into that little section?

cr1t1cal1g

New User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
Texas
YouTube
cr1t1calirl
i just checked, seems buggy, my older CSGO videos, i could type in counter-strike: global offensive, and it would show up, on my new one, i cannot find it... probably just a bug... give it a few days

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
It does seem that it can be a bit buggy sometimes, as multiple times in the past I haven't been able to add in the title of the game I uploaded and instead had to come back at a later time to add this in. What worked for me is typing out the game name, and then checking on it a day later or so as 9/10 times did it not only keep the title of the game but also then auto corrected it to the title it would have been if I started typing it in. Hopefully that doesn't sound as weird as I think it does.