Why cant i get views

C4RP3T

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2014
Netherlands
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Ok i'll give you a few hints/tips. Alot of these tips you can already find everywhere on Freedom! if you put some effort in it.

I don't have much time so I won't explain everything in detail. I might answer some of your questions on a later date if I have some more time.

1: Add thumbnails to EVERYTHING. no thumbnail? don't upload.
2: Use tags
3: Use social media to spread your content. DON'T spam!!
4: NEVER and I mean NEVER go sub 4 sub. You don't get loyal viewers or subs
5: Have patience. A LOT of it. Youtube takes YEARS.
6: Have quality content. Look at other youtubers (big and small) and think: What makes them so (un)succesful?
7: Change your channel layout.
8: Invest in a good microphone and recording devices (this also counts for your friends you play with).
9: Do a lot of research on anything related to youtube
10: Get some basic skill in photoshop and editing
11: Get a basic sense of progression. Watch movies/videos/clips to see how they build up. When do they cut to another camera? etc etc
12: Be active, cool, friendly. Be an Idol. Make people want to be YOU. But don't be a god. Be human
13: Ask for feedback.
14: Be honest with yourself and ask yourself: Do my video's suck? Why do/don't they?
15: Make channel art: Banner, Profile picture, Intro, Outro, etc

These are some tips I had for you when I looked at your content. If I had more time I think I could think of more but not now.

Reactions: Phil Kidd

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Your videos are not optimized for anything.

[These are all my impressions based on your "Randomising Far Cry 4" video.
  1. There are absolutely no tags on your most recent video which is detrimental to your potential success.
  2. Your microphone audio is sub-par and using Audacity to clear up fuzz noise and boost treble/base tones would be a welcome addition.
  3. You don't have custom thumbnails.
  4. You don't explain what your video is about in the description, and I'm certain it would be better to put your "last two videos" in an annotation of an end card.
  5. Your in-game audio is also sub-par. It shouldn't be.
  6. The video has absolutely no editing detrimental to the entertainment value since you're not constantly talking about something.
  7. I think there is someone else there, but I can hardly hear him.

In summary, you are a gaming channel that's not doing anything to stand out among the rest.
That's my brutal honesty.

Reactions: C4RP3T

Joshua Maynard

Rising User
Dec 3, 2015
Launceston, Tasmania
YouTube
Your videos are not optimized for anything.

[These are all my impressions based on your "Randomising Far Cry 4" video.
  1. There are absolutely no tags on your most recent video which is detrimental to your potential success.
  2. Your microphone audio is sub-par and using Audacity to clear up fuzz noise and boost treble/base tones would be a welcome addition.
  3. You don't have custom thumbnails.
  4. You don't explain what your video is about in the description, and I'm certain it would be better to put your "last two videos" in an annotation of an end card.
  5. Your in-game audio is also sub-par. It shouldn't be.
  6. The video has absolutely no editing detrimental to the entertainment value since you're not constantly talking about something.
  7. I think there is someone else there, but I can hardly hear him.

In summary, you are a gaming channel that's not doing anything to stand out among the rest.
That's my brutal honesty.

Thanks man I'll take that I to consideration[DOUBLEPOST=1449354034][/DOUBLEPOST]What do the tags do?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
What do the tags do?
Tags are YouTube's main resource for search engine optimization. Without them, YouTube will use the weaker methods (description & title) to source it in the SEO rankings. Your videos happen to lack a good version of both.

The key is to think of thing that people who would want to see your videos would search. But for the sake of your channel, do not try to market your videos to absolutely everyone. Create a niche for yourself and you'll do fine.

Reactions: Joshua Maynard

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
Definitely take a look at the bigger channels and follow their example. I don't use much social media myself, but I do still get some responses from Facebook though Twitter would probably be better. People seem more willing to investigate new things on there. Share on reddit even.

Reactions: Joshua Maynard

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I would definitely recommend using tags if your not doing that already. Make sure your using good thumbnails, that draw in your audiences, and be active - talk with other YouTubers as they can often offer insight or potential avenues to increase views