Gaming Who Is JoAfterWork?

Hi Everyone!

I'm JoAfterWork, and I'm a New York City native who enjoys playing video games after work. I found Freedom! a couple of years ago, and wasn't really familiar with how Networks really worked. I've had an account here in the past (never fully partnered), but was still trying to understand the world of YouTube.

The main premise of my channel are daily videos consisting of walkthrough's, let's plays, unboxing's, and impressions for the 9 to 5 gamer. The gamer's who have jobs, and might not have enough time in their lives to play every game that comes out. Those who want to know whats worth their time, or how to get through an area they may be stuck in. Sometimes my videos can get pretty hilarious (especially with my Super Mario Maker series), and currently my Fire Emblem Series where I'm doing all the voice overs.

I started YouTube, because it's my creative outlet to do something different. I grew up always hoping to find myself somewhere in music, and when that slowly faded away, I shifted gears into the "real world", and I found myself not enjoying it. Eventually, sick in bed one day with the flu, I watched a group of my favorite internet personalities (Tim Getty's, Greg Miller, Colin Moriarty, & Nick Scarpino of Kinda Funny), leave their every day dream job to venture out, pursuing their own dreams. It inspired me so much, I finally decided to get the courage to just do it, and startup my own gaming channel, and spent the last year and a half, figuring out what my channel is, and how to format everything.

I I'd be lying if I didn't say it would be my biggest dream to make this a living some day, but I'm just enjoying myself playing video games, and hoping whoever is reading this comes along for the journey :)

If you've made it this far, you can check me out here:

Youtube.com/JoAfterWorkCrew

Take Care, Love Y'all!
Jo

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Hi Everyone!

I'm JoAfterWork, and I'm a New York City native who enjoys playing video games after work. I found Freedom! a couple of years ago, and wasn't really familiar with how Networks really worked. I've had an account here in the past (never fully partnered), but was still trying to understand the world of YouTube.

The main premise of my channel are daily videos consisting of walkthrough's, let's plays, unboxing's, and impressions for the 9 to 5 gamer. The gamer's who have jobs, and might not have enough time in their lives to play every game that comes out. Those who want to know whats worth their time, or how to get through an area they may be stuck in. Sometimes my videos can get pretty hilarious (especially with my Super Mario Maker series), and currently my Fire Emblem Series where I'm doing all the voice overs.

I started YouTube, because it's my creative outlet to do something different. I grew up always hoping to find myself somewhere in music, and when that slowly faded away, I shifted gears into the "real world", and I found myself not enjoying it. Eventually, sick in bed one day with the flu, I watched a group of my favorite internet personalities (Tim Getty's, Greg Miller, Colin Moriarty, & Nick Scarpino of Kinda Funny), leave their every day dream job to venture out, pursuing their own dreams. It inspired me so much, I finally decided to get the courage to just do it, and startup my own gaming channel, and spent the last year and a half, figuring out what my channel is, and how to format everything.

I I'd be lying if I didn't say it would be my biggest dream to make this a living some day, but I'm just enjoying myself playing video games, and hoping whoever is reading this comes along for the journey :)

If you've made it this far, you can check me out here:

Youtube.com/JoAfterWorkCrew

Take Care, Love Y'all!
Jo

I grad you with us fully now :) and I hope the best for you to turn youtube to you job. Hope for the best!

Reactions: JoAfterWork