Who getting a VR headset?

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Just wanted to know if anyone else is getting or pre ordered a VR headset.

Personally myself I've pre order the HTC Vive. Which I can't wait to get my hands on. :D

Vote and discuss.

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube

Personally myself I've pre order the HTC Vive. Which I can't wait to get my hands on. :D

Vote and discuss.
I want one, but only later down the road when it proves it has purpose and is worth the money.

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I am thinking about getting one but the price though...
Seems amazing and brings a whole new experience to gaming but i'm gonna wait and check how it will turn out first.

Ye the price is quite alot but guess that's the trade off for been an early adopter. Hopefully goes off really well as I see it as the future of gaming. :)

I want one, but only later down the road when it proves it has purpose and is worth the money.

Well it does have a purpose as been next step in the evolution of gaming but saying that don't think VR will be just limited to gaming. The price will go down within 6 months to a year as most technology does.

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Ye the price is quite alot but guess that's the trade off for been an early adopter. Hopefully goes off really well as I see it as the future of gaming. :)

Well it does have a purpose as been next step in the evolution of gaming but saying that don't think VR will be just limited to gaming. The price will go down within 6 months to a year as most technology does.
I hope so, I just hope it won't be liked Virtual boy and flop so bad that it never gets heard of again.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube

Vote and discuss.
I can't afford one with my current way of living. When I get rich some day, I'll order ten though ^^

H20Dynamo

Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas
YouTube
I'll get one in a couple years. Im assuming that the price will drastically go down. I also don't see the point in getting a vr headset other than a couple decent games and THAT OTHER THING (if you catch my drift). However it will probably be worth it more once it takes off with game devs.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Yeah I most certainly will get one of them probably in about a year. I will say that I tried the Oculus in Japan and it was incredible. That's the thing, these companies need to figure out a way to have people actually try them, it would turn so many non believers into believers.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I really wanted to get one for trackmania turbo ... but i dont think its gonna happen...

Im still kinda on the fence myself... id like to try a real unit to see if its as good as i imagine...

odizzle4sho

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 23, 2016
YouTube
odizzlefosho

Vote and discuss.

I really want to get one, but I would have to buy a new processor since Nvidia says that my current Build isn't compatible (facepalm)

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Ye seems like for a lot of people it either the high price or their PC isn't powerful enough to run it effectively. Thanks for comment so far. Very interesting to see everyone's reasons + views on this. :D

Wedvin

New User
Mar 18, 2016
YouTube
In my opinion it's not really worth buying them since they are so new, waiting a while will save money and improve the VR experience when you eventually buy one! :)

Reactions: Tudi Kovin

Tudi Kovin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
Man, I wish I could, but both my budget and tiny room doesn't allow it.. I might buy a VR headset once I move to a bigger apartment.. Prices should also be cheaper there :p

AlvinceGamer

Freedom! Member
Mar 19, 2016
I have 2 vr one you get for free with s7 edge and i already had oculus rift and gonna preorder PS4 VR (project morpheus) every one should have atleast one to entertain them or watch a movie when you are home alone.