which video editor do you use to edit your videos and why?

adiljamali

New User
Freedom! Member
Mar 11, 2016
YouTube
There are tons of video editor out there but some are just for basic editing and some can do
a lot of cool stuff to your videos.I use the editor called Wondershare Filmora it is easy to
use and it can do pretty much good editing if not the best. I use it cause I it is very easy to
understand the features of it cause I don't have a good time with some pro kinda stuff.
So which editor do you use and why?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
There are tons of video editor out there but some are just for basic editing and some can do
a lot of cool stuff to your videos.I use the editor called Wondershare Filmora it is easy to
use and it can do pretty much good editing if not the best. I use it cause I it is very easy to
understand the features of it cause I don't have a good time with some pro kinda stuff.
I use powerdirector. It works smoothly, and I've used it for almost three years now :p

JarredSinclairTV

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 - Because I use a lot of the other programs from Adobe like Flash (Animations) Audition (Sound Editing & Podcasting) Photoshop & Illustrator (Creating logos & various other design work) After Effects (Motion Graphics and overlays for my videos) most of the programs have a feature called Dynamic Link which means I am not having to export and render everything which can take hours depending on your PC/Mac but bump out a video clip straight into after effects and add some flare then bounce it straight back to premiere pro to continue editing seamlessly and go back to the same clip if I want to edit it again multiple times.

It also updates straight from its own little download hub that you install on your computer so you always have the latest version.

Adobe is now subscription based so you pay a monthly fee which I am studying game design at the moment so it's like 15AUD a month for me on the student package but It's relatively affordable. It depends where you are & how serious you were planning on doing this.

I use it for paid client work & Study so it's worth the cost for me.

Alternatively there are Free programs out there if you are just looking at dabbling until you get the hang of it. Macs have IMoive & Windows has Windows Movie Maker (It's actually what I started using back when I was 16)

Hope this may of helped a bit :D

Reactions: PGO Maddog (Thomas)

OwnOrKo

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2016
UK
YouTube
OwnOrKo
For years i've enjoyed using Sony vegas, I can vouch since sony vegas 6!

It has since changed a lot but still has a feature most loved; easy layout and fond to get used to. The special effects and transitions help so much when throwing together an easy edit.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Sony Vegas! I've been using it for some time and I'm most comfortable with it. I've tried other programs for extended time periods and I always want to go back to SV.

I use Sony Vegas and tbh it's because i see all the other youtubers using it hahaha

PGO Maddog (Thomas)

Freedom! Member
I am still in process of finding one (well saving the money to buy one lol) I have used the trial of Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier Pro, and Lightworks. I loved Sony Vegas, Premier was OK I just needed to figure it out more. Lightworks was harder for me to use. When I get the money I think the one that I am choosing is going to be the Adobe Premier just because the monthly payment. Right now I can't afford Sony Vegas.

PCAddict

Rising User
Oct 2, 2015
I am still in process of finding one (well saving the money to buy one lol) I have used the trial of Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier Pro, and Lightworks. I loved Sony Vegas, Premier was OK I just needed to figure it out more. Lightworks was harder for me to use. When I get the money I think the one that I am choosing is going to be the Adobe Premier just because the monthly payment. Right now I can't afford Sony Vegas.
Check out my tutorial above , it's not illegal if you are not making money out of it , it is super easy to install and it is better than spending £600 on a software.

Reactions: PGO Maddog (Thomas)