Which laptop do you use/recommend?

Kratzaman

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2015
New York
YouTube
kratzaman
I am looking to invest in a laptop, preferably one that will run smoothly and record, stream smoothly and at a good rate, and suggestions? And what laptops do you guys use? Have a great day everyone! :)

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
If you would like something to stream and run smoothly with recording I would highly suggest getting a desktop pc, they are way cheaper and you can put whatever you want into it, the reason for this is you could get a good desktop pc that records greatly at around 500$ but to get a laptop for the smae framerate would cost somewhere around 1000$+

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Make sure if your planning to eddit your video's you have allot of RAM space and a SSD harddrive.
The first one because Edditing askes allot of working power and the second one becaus these kind of drives write files much faster and make your computer run more smoothly. Streaming depends on you internet connection so can't help you there :p

Reactions: Kratzaman

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
I started off YT using a laptop for recording and editing and uploading, and it was not good. Video quality was really hurting. But I built a desktop PC and it makes everything so much smoothing. Would recommend getting a desktop instead, build your own if you can. This way you can buy parts specifically for gaming and editing. Probably cheaper than a powerful laptop that can do the same thing.

I would also recommend a desktop, but there are great laptops out there.

I have an MSI GE62 Apache Pro laptop that I use mostly for homework, live streaming to Twitch, and editing video when I'm on the go. I like it. I would prefer to use my desktop, but my desktop isn't in the same room as my consoles, so it gets used to edit my vlogs. You'll want something with a lot of RAM, a good processor, and a good hard drive or SSD.

My GE62 has 16 GB of RAM and an Intel i7-6700 processor, so it does pretty well with video editing, but my Dell desktop that also has 16 GB of RAM (expandable to 64, which is crazy) and an i7-6700 is much faster.

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
I am looking to invest in a laptop, preferably one that will run smoothly and record, stream smoothly and at a good rate, and suggestions? And what laptops do you guys use? Have a great day everyone! :)
If you wont play games with it and only record you can basically use any laptop over 500 $