Resources Where to begin, as a channel? (Help?)

FeelingsToontown

Formerly FeelingsToontown
Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2014
Indiana
YouTube
So I've gone through a few different channels and have rested on my new passion, AuthenticallyRandom. I have access to all the gear I'll need to create videos - Mic, camera, lighting, all that. I have almost 50 subs from people on my old channels, but I would like some help about the content

1. What sort of content? The Technology niche is very over-saturated, and with limited funds it may be hard to make a good amount of tech videos without the actual tech. I'm too small of a channel to get samples, too

I'm not exactly the most techy person ever, so I may not be the most qualified person to do that. I've been thinking about Vlogging, talking about stuff I may feel passionate about, but at the same time that also is done all the time. I want to do something... new.

Anyone in the same boat?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So I've gone through a few different channels and have rested on my new passion, AuthenticallyRandom. I have access to all the gear I'll need to create videos - Mic, camera, lighting, all that. I have almost 50 subs from people on my old channels, but I would like some help about the content

1. What sort of content? The Technology niche is very over-saturated, and with limited funds it may be hard to make a good amount of tech videos without the actual tech. I'm too small of a channel to get samples, too

I'm not exactly the most techy person ever, so I may not be the most qualified person to do that. I've been thinking about Vlogging, talking about stuff I may feel passionate about, but at the same time that also is done all the time. I want to do something... new.

Anyone in the same boat?
Sadly, the expression 'You need money to make money" applies often. Vlogging could work out, but standing out is the biggest concern. What kind of audience are you looking for?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
First is best to see wich way you want to go. There is audience for everything and though there may be alot of vloggers out there, everyone is different on how they do it so that shouldn't hold you back.

Sit back and think about what you want to do, how you want to do it and such. Once you have a plan you can start recording and build up from there :)

Reactions: This Is Ethan

Dj Mr. Fire

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 9, 2016
You may need to spend some extra time planning to understand what to do next. It may or may not be free, and usually people do other things with blogging because blogging by itself can get boring after a while and it looks the same. Try to do some extra research like through google, wiki's, other tips and anything that would help you understand what to do next. Hope that helps!

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
I've had personal experience from this - Be passionate in what you record. I know people say this all the time, but I can't stress enough how much more fun YouTube will be if you're really passionate in what you record.

Also, what other people were saying, you might want to continue planning on what to do before you post videos, you always want to plan ahead, and not get so caught up! Hopefully this helped you out! :)