Tips & Tricks Where to advertise my channel?

D

Daniel H.

So to cheat a little at the start I want to advertise my channel for faster grow. I heard from someone on youtube that he got banned from monetisation after he purchased Adwords advertising. We don't want that to happen. So, what is the best and safer network to advertise my channel?

Can you give me some tips and solutions? Also maybe this will help other members from the Freedom! family use this thread. Thanks so much.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Advertising is a dark area, in a sense that certain ways will get you into trouble.

Our forums has a strict policy on advertising. You are allowed to:
  • Link one video with a short description about it in the Content section
  • Introduce yourself ONCE with why you joined YouTube and Freedom! in the Introduce Yourself section
  • Ask for a review on one of your videos or your channel in the Community Reviews section
However you must follow the rules highlighted in the sticky post of those sections - They are NOT used for purely advertising

Advertising in any other areas, which can include: - Is forbidden and members of staff can enforce the rules if need be
  • News and Announcements
  • Comments, Bugs and Suggestions
  • Support
  • Discussions
  • Milestones and Achievements
  • Forum Games
  • Resources and Tips
  • Collaborate
  • Requests and Offers
  • Giveaways
Outside of Freedom!, Social media is the best way to do it, advertising your channel and videos will allow a greater amount of viewership. This can be done by the automatic Tweet when a video goes LIVE or just tweeting out to your fellow followers.

Please remember that Sub4Sub or anything related (Favor4Favor) is forbidden on YouTube and Freedom!

D

Daniel H.

I don't want promotion here, i know the rules here and members from this community are more into gaming. I dont wabt spam, just to invest sonething to gain a little boost. Like google adwords or other network

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I don't want promotion here, i know the rules here and members from this community are more into gaming. I dont wabt spam, just to invest sonething to gain a little boost. Like google adwords or other network

My bad, I think advertise is the wrong word for this occasion then. I don't see any way I could assist you here. Sorry.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
There isn't really a set network / best way to advertise your channel that is guaranteed to help you grow. As it does depend on the niche market that you are trying to connect with and what new things you are bringing to that particular field. As you said I definitely wouldn't recommend investing in Google Adwords or any system that promises you views / subscribers in order for a favour or money as this is against YouTubes terms of service and is very likely to get you permanently banned from monetisation.

The best, and safest way to grow your channel is the good old fashioned way of hard work and perseverance. Unless you are very lucky and create some viral sensation it can take weeks / months or even years to grow exponentially on YouTube, even well know YouTubers like Matthew Santoro grew very little in the first few years and then too off due to his hard work and dedication to his fans. All you can do is make sure that you are releasing high quality content, utilising tools which are at your disposal such as networking sites (Facebook, Twitter even Freedom) to build up your social group, and releasing on a schedule so user come to know when to expect a video from you.

And finally most networks will only offer you a chance to grow, such as Freedom by providing you tools to use, and a place to network, as they will ultimately leave it up to the content creator (you in this case) to take that initiative and try and push your channel forward, unfortunately no-one else can do that for you.

Reactions: Daniel H.

Gajanan Palav

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 19, 2016
Mumbai, India
goo.gl
YouTube
pg_top10
You don't need to use AdWords, It's expensive and worthless unless you have physical product which people can buy from you to return your $ which you invested on Advertisements.

Rather use SEO, Keywords to list your videos higher into Youtube search. Check out related videos and their keywords to get your video listed as suggested videos by YouTube.

Make simple intros and short outros on all your videos. Use Cards on your videos to drive more traffic.

Make sure you have catchy Thumbnails which people gets attracted.

Make sure to post your newly published video on your Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Profile, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter etc socialmedia platforms.

Try ti collaborate with similar YouTubers around.

There are many ways to organically grow your channel and it's proven and works really well.

Once your channel gets going and you start earning handful of $, you can try and take it to next level which is AdWords, etc type of advertisements.

Connor Gunningham

Freedom! Member
May 7, 2016
YouTube
Hey man I don't know if you still care but now on YouTube you can put one of your videos as an ad on other peoples video. Only have a short video for the ad and this does NOT affect the other YouTuber in any way. To do this go to your Creator Studio -> Channel -> (Sub section) Featured Content.

D

Daniel H.

Hey man I don't know if you still care but now on YouTube you can put one of your videos as an ad on other peoples video. Only have a short video for the ad and this does NOT affect the other YouTuber in any way. To do this go to your Creator Studio -> Channel -> (Sub section) Featured Content.
I know about that, already using this. Thanks.