Where do you advertise YOUR content?

maxuranium

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
A world of your imagination
YouTube
My latest video didn't get much love and it was probably due to me leaving one of my groups that I used to advertise in, so, where do you advertise your content? I would never stoop so low as to advertise in peoples comment sections so I need places to get the word out!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't advertise anywhere outside of YouTube.
I find that if one advertises in a place made for YouTubers, it generates an audience that you don't want. You'll get swarmed with spammy comments and have a general bad audience.

the best way for a gaming channel to get noticed is have the most powerful search engine optimization (SEO) possible. The closer to the first page of search results you can get, the closer to your intended audience you can get.

I have to stress INTENDED AUDIENCE. Posting in a place made for other YouTubers isn't going to get your content seen my people who wanted to watch your content.

Here's a powerful point - Your audience, the ones that you intend to see your videos. They don't even know that the subreddit or forum you posted on even exists. All they know is the YouTube search bar, so it's in your best interest to figure out how to get them to find you that way.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
A huge automated solar powered blimp that circumnavigates the globe while spreading the word of my greatness...

Lol... kidding...

Forums, my website, twitter, facebook, a sign on my car, I stash giveaways in public places, etc...

Otherwise i rely on seo as Nolan said.

But i try to advertise outside of youtube to try to bring new viewers to the platform... I figure thats better than trying to get viewers that already have channels they like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala_Steamed

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I'd consider sharing my content only when I feel that my videos are up to par. People tend to share videos too early, when they're just starting out. It's like playing a beta game before release, sometimes people remember the beta, instead of the current product.

Regardless, sharing on freedom, reddit, or relative locations could work, quality is always needed!

Liam and Taylor's Corner

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
YouTube
mcbp328
I don't advertise anywhere outside of YouTube.
I find that if one advertises in a place made for YouTubers, it generates an audience that you don't want. You'll get swarmed with spammy comments and have a general bad audience.

the best way for a gaming channel to get noticed is have the most powerful search engine optimization (SEO) possible. The closer to the first page of search results you can get, the closer to your intended audience you can get.

I have to stress INTENDED AUDIENCE. Posting in a place made for other YouTubers isn't going to get your content seen my people who wanted to watch your content.

Here's a powerful point - Your audience, the ones that you intend to see your videos. They don't even know that the subreddit or forum you posted on even exists. All they know is the YouTube search bar, so it's in your best interest to figure out how to get them to find you that way.

How do you get the most powerful SEO? Or what do you use? Just learning about this. Thanks!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
How do you get the most powerful SEO? Or what do you use? Just learning about this. Thanks!
The most powerful SEO is specifically the terms and phrases that someone looking for your specific video would look for.
To figure this out, sit back in your viewerd shoes and think "what would i use to find my specific video.".
Not a video like yours, no, your specific video. Using generic keywords wont work because those go to vidoes LIKE yours, but not your specific video. So know that "gaming" is not going to help because it will link to videos LIKE yours, but not your specific video .

Liam and Taylor's Corner

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
YouTube
mcbp328
The most powerful SEO is specifically the terms and phrases that someone looking for your specific video would look for.
To figure this out, sit back in your viewerd shoes and think "what would i use to find my specific video.".
Not a video like yours, no, your specific video. Using generic keywords wont work because those go to vidoes LIKE yours, but not your specific video. So know that "gaming" is not going to help because it will link to videos LIKE yours, but not your specific video .

Thank you! Been reading stuff about it and at least now I have a solid view. Really appreciate it.

Tom Klin

Respected User
Jun 25, 2014
YouTube
i get like 100 views per vid in like 30 mins when i share on google communities.
reddit is also good but ppl tend to dislike alot there.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I have found that the best way to promote your videos is when someone else is promoting them for you if you get what I mean. Collab's, shout outs, spotlights, and things like that. People essentially need to vouch for you or else they just don't give a damn. I mean, I get it. This world is super fast paced and YouTube channels are a dime a dozen. We have to prove that we are worth somebodys time and what better way to do that than to convince someone established or "something" established that we are worth the attention.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles