iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
First off, I have no idea if this is the correct forum for this topic. If it isn't, I apologise but I am obviously doing something very wrong in my channel, I can not keep my subscribers.

Please can anyone give any advise at all.

(No, before anyone says I am not doing this to gain views or subs.) I have been vlogging under iJimTV now for over a year and can not get any more than 80 subscribers, and when I do, I am usually back into the 79's before 7 days have passed.

khan_dk13

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 10, 2016
YouTube
Hey @iJim i know i have less subscribers than you, but maybe what you can do for your channel is by putting more effeort into your thumbnails, use paint.net , pixlr or panzoid as a thumbnail software. they are amazing free tools to use to create thumbnails. and make sure you have titles that are more attracting to the human eye, and what will get someone to watch your video, get some music for your channel. because right now i'm going to be honest with you, your videos are not very attractive, so for now do everything as i've told you and make sure it happens.

SharSjar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2016
Breda, NL
YouTube
I would suggest to follow the Freedom Academy! They have a lot of things I learned from. I got better thumbnails now and my titles are better. There are things you can lure a watcher with. It's not that I do a lot of effort for my thumbnails but maybe that is because I have some beginner experience with picture editing. It's a long course but very educative.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello iJim. I wouldn't say your doing anything particularly wrong, with subscribers you will always have people that do unsubscribe, whatever you do don't let this get you down. This isn't a representation on your quality or anything like that, it could just come down to people clearing up there subscriptions - I know I unsubscribed to a few channels recently, yet I always watch their content religiously. Another thing that may be happening would be Youtube removing old and no longer used channels or ghost accounts which they do quite frequently, so the loss that you may see could just be a result of that.

Reactions: SharSjar

khan_dk13

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 10, 2016
YouTube
Hello iJim. I wouldn't say your doing anything particularly wrong, with subscribers you will always have people that do unsubscribe, whatever you do don't let this get you down. This isn't a representation on your quality or anything like that, it could just come down to people clearing up there subscriptions - I know I unsubscribed to a few channels recently, yet I always watch their content religiously. Another thing that may be happening would be Youtube removing old and no longer used channels or ghost accounts which they do quite frequently, so the loss that you may see could just be a result of that.
hey @zeke morgan how do you put a link to your channel like youve done in this comment section

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
hey @zeke morgan how do you put a link to your channel like youve done in this comment section
If you mean the YT link / subscribe button, you already have it. If you are on about my banner then you can do this via the signature section in your account, I will again send you the link to the signature info page

Lord Dan

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
YouTube
I noticed it can just take time also; not that you're necessarily doing anything wrong.

The reason I say this is that we've all experienced this to some degree. For me, I had to take a year out for higher education studies as well as work to pay for (at the time) my and ex-fiance's house. During that year I still went from 400 to 600 subs (Only been back two weeks.)
The reason for this is that one of my most popular videos had accumulated over 100 likes and almost 10k views in it's years of just being sat on my channel. That build up was enough to keep my channel slowly growing even without being around and it's not even a significant amount.

So; just be patient, keep making videos. It will slowly make traction and grow.