When is best for a giveaway?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well if you were looking to do the giveaway on the forums, or indeed promote this through our "giveaway" section then you must of already hit the milestone in order to do it - If you were meaning the timing of the giveaway (i.e the time of the year) I find that giveaways around Christmas, Easter, New Year / public holidays always receive a nice bit of attention.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Well if you were looking to do the giveaway on the forums, or indeed promote this through our "giveaway" section then you must of already hit the milestone in order to do it - If you were meaning the timing of the giveaway (i.e the time of the year) I find that giveaways around Christmas, Easter, New Year / public holidays always receive a nice bit of attention.
oh no im not promoting as i not hit the milestone im just asking for opinions on when is best time for channels to do giveaways i.e on milestones like as subscriber milestone or total view milestones stuff like that

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
oh no im not promoting as i not hit the milestone im just asking for opinions on when is best time for channels to do giveaways i.e on milestones like as subscriber milestone or total view milestones stuff like that
I know your not promoting, sorry if my post came across like that :) Oh I see I would say if you a person who likes doing giveaway that these should be done for important / meaningful milestones, such as your 1,000 subscribers or others such as say 100,000 total views, 1 million watch time minutes - things like that really

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I know your not promoting, sorry if my post came across like that :) Oh I see I would say if you a person who likes doing giveaway that these should be done for important / meaningful milestones, such as your 1,000 subscribers or others such as say 100,000 total views, 1 million watch time minutes - things like that really
ok thats sounds good i kinda missed that chance on doing it with 100k views, but yeah i really want to do it at important times i just wasn't sure which was the best ones to do it with

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
Yeah I agree with everyone else. Just like the first 100 the first 1000 is a huge milestone on Youtube and is definitely a great time to do a giveaway. While I haven't done one yet since I've only given gifts to my Youtube friends, gift cards tend to be the best option based off the giveaway videos I've seen in the past. They're pretty universal and the easiest to hand out to winners. Anyways best of luck on your road to 1K man and btw congrats on hit 700! :) - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

Reactions: Scalperhero

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Yeah I agree with everyone else. Just like the first 100 the first 1000 is a huge milestone on Youtube and is definitely a great time to do a giveaway. While I haven't done one yet since I've only given gifts to my Youtube friends, gift cards tend to be the best option based off the giveaway videos I've seen in the past. They're pretty universal and the easiest to hand out to winners. Anyways best of luck on your road to 1K man and btw congrats on hit 700! :) - Brandon

View attachment 18190
thanks for your input bro :) and i was thinking of doing 2 steam game giveaways :) at like £5 each or something like that and yeah it took a lot to get here at 700subs im gonna be mind blown if i hit 1k lol but your at pretty much 500 subs so congrats there bro :)

Reactions: BodaciousBrosGaming

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
thanks for your input bro :) and i was thinking of doing 2 steam game giveaways :) at like £5 each or something like that and yeah it took a lot to get here at 700subs im gonna be mind blown if i hit 1k lol but your at pretty much 500 subs so congrats there bro :)
Yeah Steam cards are always a great choice for gamer giveaways! I remember seeing a Youtuber do his giveaway live during a stream many months ago so that's always a fun option. And thanks man, it's not much but here's 1 more sub on your road to 1K :D - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Yeah Steam cards are always a great choice for gamer giveaways! I remember seeing a Youtuber do his giveaway live during a stream many months ago so that's always a fun option. And thanks man, it's not much but here's 1 more sub on your road to 1K :D - Brandon

View attachment 18200
congrats man you hit 500 :) and yeah i just thought for a gaming channel it would be best for doing game giveaway with game son steam and wow man thanks very much :)

Reactions: BodaciousBrosGaming

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
congrats man you hit 500 :) and yeah i just thought for a gaming channel it would be best for doing game giveaway with game son steam and wow man thanks very much :)
Oh yeah. Gamers love free games. I have done quite a few steam bundle giveaways and have even bumped it up a bit a few times with bigger items such as tshirts and physical items. Heads up on physical items -- if you do worldwide, be prepared for a backup prize such as a digital game of equal value. I had a winner that was afraid customs in their country would charge an arm and a leg for the item, and with shipping costs (which was almost double the value of the prize to start with), we both decided to do a digital game instead so it worked out.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oh yeah. Gamers love free games. I have done quite a few steam bundle giveaways and have even bumped it up a bit a few times with bigger items such as tshirts and physical items. Heads up on physical items -- if you do worldwide, be prepared for a backup prize such as a digital game of equal value. I had a winner that was afraid customs in their country would charge an arm and a leg for the item, and with shipping costs (which was almost double the value of the prize to start with), we both decided to do a digital game instead so it worked out.
thanks for your in put bro if i do stuff i have to ship out i think id do it uk only on that one but yeah everyone loves free games they dont really care what it is as long as its free lol

Reactions: iPIxelDot

ThePandrus

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 9, 2014
Essex
YouTube
There's never really a right and a wrong time to do giveaways. At any point, anyone loves free stuff. I'd be careful though how you market it. If you simply title it "1K sub Giveaway" your video will get lost in Search with the millions of other people that are doing the same thing. Just don't clickbait it.... ever