What's the line between Goofy and Cringy?

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Was wondering this the other day.

Everything I produce, I find really, really cringy. I enjoy what I do and what I make, but watching myself back on video is just the worst!

So I was wondering. For you guys watching a Youtube video? What makes things like Markiplier or Pewdiepie goofy and what makes things like some random kid screaming on video cringy?

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I feel the same way but all my friends say my content is great and my friends are the type of people who wait for any reason to pick on each other. I think everyone just finds their content cringy,

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I think you tend to be more critical on yourself. Whenever I go back and rewatch a video while recording, I'm just thinking to myself, "Oh, I could have said this instead of that." or "Oooh.. I should not have said that..." but I think it really makes your videos more natural and fun! To just kind of be your stupid (I'm calling myself stupid, not you) self.

When I first started doing YouTube, I found a lot of the things that I did super cringy, only because I'm not used to seeing myself on camera and hearing my voice. It's kind of like, "IS THAT THE FACE I MADE?" or "Do I really sound like that???" kind of thoughts.

I think after a while, you get used to it, though.

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
I feel the same way but all my friends say my content is great and my friends are the type of people who wait for any reason to pick on each other. I think everyone just finds their content cringy,

I think it's a pain to have friends who respect you so much that they can't give you proper critique. Then again, it's nice to hear constant praise too. I'm happy your friends support you, though!

I think you tend to be more critical on yourself. Whenever I go back and rewatch a video while recording, I'm just thinking to myself, "Oh, I could have said this instead of that." or "Oooh.. I should not have said that..." but I think it really makes your videos more natural and fun! To just kind of be your stupid (I'm calling myself stupid, not you) self.

When I first started doing YouTube, I found a lot of the things that I did super cringy, only because I'm not used to seeing myself on camera and hearing my voice. It's kind of like, "IS THAT THE FACE I MADE?" or "Do I really sound like that???" kind of thoughts.

I think after a while, you get used to it, though.

Yeah, I can see improvements. I think it's more pertinent with live action stuff, though. There's a camera, a mic and you. And to me, when I watch a bad film or a bad Youtube video, I can forgive bad audio or a poor script...but when someone's looking like a complete tool live action, it throws me out of the video and makes me very judgemental.

I can only hope people can laugh at me being a cringy idiot, that's all! XD

Darth Monkey

Respected User
Aug 6, 2014
YouTube
I would say that is truly up to your subs to be honest (and anyone else who watches!) I mean in all reality I have my fair share of goofy and cringy videos; just part of making a channel