YouTube What's the coolest thing that's happened to you since starting YouTube?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Back in 2014, I made an 8-bit version of the title theme from Doom 64. I asked the original composer, Aubrey Hodges, if I could upload it to YouTube. Not only did he say "yes", but he also gave me codes to get free copies of the Doom 64 and Doom PlayStation albums from Bandcamp. He had even commented on my video, but it's gone now, in fact, any other comment he made on some other videos is gone. I guess he removed his channel.

But anyway, that was by far the coolest thing that happened to me ever since I started doing YouTube.

ItsGoingSkitzo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2018
uk
YouTube
This may sound a little bit sycophantic, but for me, its the people you meet and the friends you make...That's been the highlight of doing YouTube so far...I definitely don't do it for the money :D

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Make a ton of awesome long lasting friendships with many celebrities on YouTube and off of YouTube!
Also learned a lot about videography and photography. So I run my own business now. Also work at a recording studio.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
For me it was probably when I uploaded my first Pokemon TCG video, and it got over 30 views in an hour. Most of my videos at the time didn't even get that many in their lifetime, which is already pretty short on my channel, and even some of my newer ones still don't get that many. Then the same happened when I uploaded the second one. I though this was finally the start of something great for my channel and that it will finally start to grow after growing awfully for the past 4 years and only having 190 subscribers after so long at the time. Sadly, by the time I uploaded my next video, things went back to normal, but hey, it was fun while it very shortly lasted.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
For me it was probably when I uploaded my first Pokemon TCG video, and it got over 30 views in an hour. Most of my videos at the time didn't even get that many in their lifetime, which is already pretty short on my channel, and even some of my newer ones still don't get that many. Then the same happened when I uploaded the second one. I though this was finally the start of something great for my channel and that it will finally start to grow after growing awfully for the past 4 years and only having 190 subscribers after so long at the time. Sadly, by the time I uploaded my next video, things went back to normal, but hey, it was fun while it very shortly lasted.
That happens to me all the time. Certain videos will have a lot more views than others in a short amount of time. And then videos afterwards will have the same lower amount as before.