What's the best way to promote your channel?

Haley Patnoe

Rising User
Feb 25, 2016
YouTube
I mean, I promote every new video on all my social networks, and I never seem to get more than a few views. But then I see other people do the same who get tons of views and shares.

So is there a way to promote your channel that I am missing? I figured the process was "film something you think is interesting, put it online and see how many people like it."
But now I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I mean, I promote every new video on all my social networks, and I never seem to get more than a few views. But then I see other people do the same who get tons of views and shares.

So is there a way to promote your channel that I am missing? I figured the process was "film something you think is interesting, put it online and see how many people like it."
Honestly it depends a lot on who you know and what people want to see. Don't get discouraged just because you're not getting a ton of views and likes. We make videos because it's what we like to do. If we start stressing about the numbers, it just becomes another job. Just have fun with it!

Vlogstaa

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2015
Ljubljana, Slovenia
YouTube
snapitmark
It seems like the big youtubers who succeeded on youtube have the same way of thinking as Goped Fred, everyone always says if you are doing this because of money (=views) you already failed. So just keep creating content that you like and you enjoy doing it and audience will come along so as views (=money) etc... :)

Haley Patnoe

Rising User
Feb 25, 2016
YouTube
That's pretty good advice! I'm going to stop worrying about the views and just post what I like. I'm already thinking up ideas for my next few videos.

SkynzorsVariety

Respected User
Freedom! Member

So i've not looked at your channel yet but there are a few ways of promoting your content:
  • - Create flyers or a poster and hang it up at your school / work (I mean you are on the internet, so doesn't matter who sees it right?)
  • - Promote on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit, Freedom community, other communities / forums.
Youtube content:
  1. - Create thumbnails that appeal
  2. - Use tags that are relevant
  3. - Use a titel for the video that people can relate too
  4. - Use call-to-actions (subscribe now to become a potato)
  5. - Use of a proper description
  6. - Use an end-card with 'previous videos' on it and an call-to-action
  7. - Create an Intro depending on your channel (Girly? Make up? Gaming? Powerbenching?)
  8. - Create an Outro (few seconds if you use an end-card as well, maybe use them in 1)
  9. - Create an appealing logo for your channel
  10. - Create an appealing banner
  11. - Work on branding
Those are some things I can think off regarding youtube promotion and content creation :)
Hope this helps you a bit ! :)

If you think, dafuq is he talking about.. you could watch my channel and see what I mean.
I am not perfect ofcourse, but getting 74 subscribers just over 2 weeks active does say a lot I guess :)
And no, I don't do sub4sub :p haha

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Audience comes only as deserved, and trying to force it forward with [free] advertising is just going to demotivate you in the future.

The best [and only] way to promote your channel is with an ad with Google itself, nothing else will even generate a single proper bit of attention.

Hungry for YouTube attention? Learn how the system works and how to manipulate it to your best advantage. SEO, the 11 points of Skynzors is pretty relevant.

Reactions: SkynzorsVariety