What's the best way to gain popularity?

GizmoShock

Mar 23, 2016
IN, USA
YouTube
Hi, I am here to ask you folks, and hopefully more experienced youtubers how to gain subscribers, watch time, and view in the least amount of time possible. Now I only have a few social media sites, and those include G+ and blogger. I don't personally want to add more, so other ways would work better for me! Thanks alot!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi, I am here to ask you folks, and hopefully more experienced youtubers how to gain subscribers, watch time, and view in the least amount of time possible. Now I only have a few social media sites, and those include G+ and blogger. I don't personally want to add more, so other ways would work better for me! Thanks alot!
There aren't many get rich quick schemes here, it takes a lot of hard work. If you think of an original idea, and you get it shared to reddit, you're basically going to see a net worth of people coming your way. But finding that idea will be the hardest part, not everyone can get lucky to find it so quickly :p

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
How would I do this in a Gaming channel?
It varies. Videogamedunkey does a great job for getting people to come to his channel. Let's plays rarely work unless you have an amazing personality that you've been working on for a while. Gaming takes either blind luck in a game, or you need to become a pillar in a community.

GizmoShock

Mar 23, 2016
IN, USA
YouTube
MY big question is how do I create something that others have before me, and be original about it, like Gaming, all you can is have an attitude. Something that someone else has. I don't know how to be original, when I've started this late in the game.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
MY big question is how do I create something that others have before me, and be original about it, like Gaming, all you can is have an attitude. Something that someone else has. I don't know how to be original, when I've started this late in the game.
It doesn't need to be original always. Take my game Hearthstone for instance, if somebody gets a lot of luck on random events, people go crazy over it. It just needs to stand out somehow. Having a "niche" is important, because you can get their attention for a long time.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
What do you think I should do?
Tutorials for games work nicely, showing off a feature, answering a question, you have a lot of wiggle room. Just brainstorm on the games you play, and if they have common questions that can be answered with a video. You can post that video in related forums most likely for the specific game.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
It's a marathon, not a sprint. You have to experiment until you find what works for you. The main ingredient I have found is not to stop posting though..