What's the best game to record now?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yeah, that's actually not a bad strategy if you're trying to start out YouTube.
You can get noticed easier. Some games get rapid popularity, and a bubble pops. If you can catch some of those bubbles, you can see some new viewers to your channel. But as always, you need to offer something unique to keep them in :p

Reactions: This Is Ethan

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I'm feeling like Morwors wants to find out trending games that will get the most instant views for it, which is understandable.

I know but obscure games (If his favorite game is one) are good too since they usually aren't as heavily played as a trending game. You won't get the instant views but you are less likely to be buried beneath all the popular channels playing the trending games meaning you are more likely to get views in the long run. And if it's his favorite game then he will obviously like playing it meaning people will appreciate it even more.

A series I did in January 2015 on a game called Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits did pretty poorly when I was doing the game initially but due to it being super obscure it kept getting views over the months and it's actually one of my most viewed series now.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I know but obscure games (If his favorite game is one) are good too since they usually aren't as heavily played as a trending game. You won't get the instant views but you are less likely to be buried beneath all the popular channels playing the trending games meaning you are more likely to get views in the long run. And if it's his favorite game then he will obviously like playing it meaning people will appreciate it even more.

A series I did in January 2015 on a game called Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits did pretty poorly when I was doing the game initially but due to it being super obscure it kept getting views over the months and it's actually one of my most viewed series now.
There's merits to both methods, I understand the reasoning behind using the obscure game. Everything is completely luck based at times, because of all the other people uploading content could have uploaded a better version of either the obscure game, or the new one. Competition keeps us in check, but if you can make any game you play stand out, they should be fine depending on what goes on.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

Morwors

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 25, 2016
YouTube
SmakitiSmax
I wouldn't get too drawn in on only recording what's popular at the time. Play games you enjoy and have fun with. I found out the hard way that when you need to force yourself to record games just because that's popular then it actually effects how you sound while recording.
Yea i know but i enjoy almost all games so it wouldn't be a problem to me :D,and tnx :D