What's everyone grinding on today then?

Lord Dan

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
YouTube
What is Wurm Unlimited? I might be interested in joining you.

It's available via Steam if you're interested. However, I would highly recommend looking deep into before you purchase as it is a very unique niche of a game. It's a low-fantasy, fairly realistic sandbox game with over 133 skills to work on. It has all the usual stuff you'd expect, like Mining, Terraforming, Farming, etc. But also Clayworking, Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Coal-making, Animal Husbandy etc. What makes it special is that it is a grind fest. Everything is based on individual skill level and the game is very, very slow to progress, especially with low skills due to an increased failure rate. For instance you could be a master carpenter, but give you a Chisel and a Brick you wouldn't know which to eat. You work on what interests you.

Put it this way, my entire Hemp and Cotton plantation takes me a good 2 hours real time to work and harvest (I use Cotton for Cloth and Sails, and Hemp for Rope Making) all 300ish tiles of farmland. It could take you a good couple of real days, maybe even a week to build you own wooden house. Maybe longer if you can't find Iron for the nails.

I think you get it, it's slow. But the sense of achievement when you do complete something time consuming is what makes it so great imho.
It's not for everyone; definitely look into it before making a purchase.

Reactions: Nostalgic Gamer

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
It's available via Steam if you're interested. However, I would highly recommend looking deep into before you purchase as it is a very unique niche of a game. It's a low-fantasy, fairly realistic sandbox game with over 133 skills to work on. It has all the usual stuff you'd expect, like Mining, Terraforming, Farming, etc. But also Clayworking, Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Coal-making, Animal Husbandy etc. What makes it special is that it is a grind fest. Everything is based on individual skill level and the game is very, very slow to progress, especially with low skills due to an increased failure rate. For instance you could be a master carpenter, but give you a Chisel and a Brick you wouldn't know which to eat. You work on what interests you.

Put it this way, my entire Hemp and Cotton plantation takes me a good 2 hours real time to work and harvest (I use Cotton for Cloth and Sails, and Hemp for Rope Making) all 300ish tiles of farmland. It could take you a good couple of real days, maybe even a week to build you own wooden house. Maybe longer if you can't find Iron for the nails.

I think you get it, it's slow. But the sense of achievement when you do complete something time consuming is what makes it so great imho.
It's not for everyone; definitely look into it before making a purchase.

I will look into it. Thank you for the information.