What would you do if....?

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Welcome to the thread,

There is going to be a open poll about this question, so vote when you visit the thread and tell me why.

This question came to me because I'm currently rendering a bunch of videos while I also have already rendered videos about 21 videos rendered?

Deadline for voting is 2 weeks.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Personally i think its a good oppurtunity to spread them out for the month, as its 21 its pretty close to one a day for the next month anyway. Maybe upload every weekday for the next month for example.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Personally i think its a good oppurtunity to spread them out for the month, as its 21 its pretty close to one a day for the next month anyway. Maybe upload every weekday for the next month for example.

I upload things and schedule them for each day, so one video does a thing for weeks.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Schedule the release of them throughout the month and then take a few well earned days off before going back to it and getting the same 'safety net' done.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Welcome to the thread,

There is going to be a open poll about this question, so vote when you visit the thread and tell me why.

This question came to me because I'm currently rendering a bunch of videos while I also have already rendered videos about 21 videos rendered?

Deadline for voting is 2 weeks.
I would post your videos sparingly, otherwise you might overload your audience. I like to create a few videos ahead of time, that way I can rest easy when my schedule gets busy halfway through the week.

AchilleanOfficial

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
www.youtube.com
What I would do is upload the videos under your normal schedule. So, you upload every day. What I would do is continue to upload under that schedule.

Then, while you have a large backlog of videos, start to make new ones. If you remain consistent, you'll never break off of your schedule. Like Zeke said, it creates a really nice safety net, in case something happens. That's what I intend on doing with my channel, as I'm finding it difficult to get the time to make my videos.

I hope this is of help.

BossMello4K

New User
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
Just upload them for the whole month schedule, and if there is something that you want to upload in-between, just call it a "bonus upload." Not only that, it will give you enough time to make something that is more edited and fine.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Consistency to me wont be a problem, since I'm way ahead of schedule, and I have 17 videos already scheduled, yep that is what I mean with me being ahead of schedule, and there are always new releases for the games, and there are still plenty of old games to record, play and upload them up to YouTube.. So as a gaming channel, I think I will never run out games to record.

The question was more towards you, what would YOU as a small / big YouTuber, what would YOU do if you had videos to cover all the month or even couple of weeks.

AchilleanOfficial

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
www.youtube.com
Consistency to me wont be a problem, since I'm way ahead of schedule, and I have 17 videos already scheduled, yep that is what I mean with me being ahead of schedule, and there are always new releases for the games, and there are still plenty of old games to record, play and upload them up to YouTube.. So as a gaming channel, I think I will never run out games to record.

The question was more towards you, what would YOU as a small / big YouTuber, what would YOU do if you had videos to cover all the month or even couple of weeks.
Ah, in that case, assuming I had videos made weeks in advance, I would schedule them, like you did. If I decided to make a video that had to be released as soon as possible, I would just do a double upload.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Ah, in that case, assuming I had videos made weeks in advance, I would schedule them, like you did. If I decided to make a video that had to be released as soon as possible, I would just do a double upload.

Currently I have couple of extra videos to render in sitting at the Adobe Media Encoder, like I record when I can and render them when I'm able to, and since I will be doing a lot of video games, currently recorded some of the NBA 2K16

So, I pretty much need to do that, also I have up to 24 or so videos up on my video folder waiting to be uploaded... Yeah, tell me about it.

KuyasKorner

Rising User
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
I selected uploading everything upfront, but schedule them to be published at a decent pace, maybe once a day or every other day. Depends how you wanna show the consistency of your channel.