What would you do if you won the $1.6 Billion lottery?

SuperRetroBro

Respected User
Aug 12, 2014
Somewhere
YouTube
Since people spend so much money on the lottery, And seeing so many "I'll share my money with you if you share" sh*t post. I wanted to know your winning would be? Member the real price is $651 million after taxes.

If I won the lottery I would stay anonymous since I don't wanna get killed since due to living in a "Okay" town. I would quit my job at the Sears call center and go full time on YouTube. But probably get a nicer apartment with more room for bigger and better projects. I don't want much, Just wanna be happy doing the thing's I love to do. Maybe move to Redmond, WA just to apply at the DigiPen Institute of Technology. I might have more to say later in the future but that's pretty much it for now.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Honestly I'd just retire and enjoy the rest of my life. I'd still make youtube videos though because it's something I really enjoy doing.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I don't know what I would do... that amount of money is rediculous...

But... with that much cash i guess i could find a small town and try to convert it into a safe place for people with autism and other neurological disorders to live and work.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I would still make videos, make a vlog for each of the 100 countries I'll travel to within the first year alone. The "100 Counties, 1 year challenge" I'd call it.

I dunno, if my channel takes off I might do it anyways.

After all my initial payments I'd invest in a GIC so I have guaranteed income each month for the rest of my life. When interests rates inevitably go too low to have long term sustainable gain, then I'd make proper investments.

TotalGamerHolic

Distinguished User
Nov 4, 2014
US, Ohio
YouTube
With $1.5 billion holy crap... I'd buy myself a nice big house. I'd buy a couple vacation homes. Would buy some fancy cars, my own private jet, and maybe a yacht. I'd buy everyone in my family their own house. Invest in gold. Then bank whatever is left.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Probably just finish my last semester at community college then just enjoy life without the worry of having to continue going to school or working lol.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
I don't feel comfortable with that amount of money in my bank account when all I did to get it was winning the lottery, so I'd spend the money helping others.

For my family, I'd help my dad pay off the house loan and maybe even buy him a Mercedes since he loves that brand. I'd take my mom to Denmark to buy a glass clock I remember breaking as a kid or even to Paris as it's been her dream to go there. I'd give my sister tickets to go Island Hopping since she'd love to do that and I'd buy a computer my brother has always wanted.

For friends, maybe I can spend tickets for a good vacation or buy everyone consoles as none of us own anything above a PS2.

I'd also donate some money to charities and maybe finance some money for a very enjoyable location for my annual Family Day on my dad's side.

Finally, I'd spend the money on what I need, like a PC for YouTube videos and keep the rest in the bank and/or invest them for the future.

C

Corpfox

Since people spend so much money on the lottery, And seeing so many "I'll share my money with you if you share" sh*t post. I wanted to know your winning would be? Member the real price is $651 million after taxes.

Some countries ignore the taxes, like Canada. Firstly, move out of my parents place. Buy my own place. Donate some money to friends and family. Put most of it in the bank and the rest to gambling.