YouTube What would you choose = OFFICE JOB / BEING A YOUTUBER?

What would you choose?

• OFFICE JOB

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • BEING A YOUTUBER

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • OTHERS

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Kyrie

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2017
YouTube
Dont give up, collaborate

And I choose office lol

Послато са ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X уз помоћ Тапатока

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Depends what you mean by being a YouTuber? At my current stats I would happily work in a office and release videos on the side as a hobby, though if you were referring to becoming 'YouTube famous' with millions of fans and doing it as a full time job, with an almost guaranteed income then possibly a YouTuber

Reactions: Kuyoyo

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I am currently run my own videography business (self employed) shooting music videos for musicians mostly, but also do videos for events too. So that is my main income. I want to go full-time on YouTube, but currently YouTube is just extra cash at the moment.

Reactions: Fluffy

Fluffy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2014
California
YouTube
FluffysGames
I'm just a Joe Schmoe with a desk job. It's not bad, it pays the bills, and YT isn't even a money-maker for me. The adrev doesn't offset the cost of content production. But I don't mind funding YT (in part) as a hobby.

As for preference - none, really. I'm happy doing what I do now. Doing the same thing too much gets tedious and boring after too long - and that includes YT. It's good to have many different things to do to keep myself busy. Job -> YT -> job -> YT. Change it up as needed.

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Get best of both worlds [emoji28]

Sent from my boat using Tapatalk

Gamie

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
it really depends,like ure passionate about youtube and if u find success in grow the channel to a point where you can earn living then it would be awesome and dont give up just make good contents,i just heard in an youtube video that one of the biggest tech youtuber with more than 4m subs (i forgot the channel name) managed to gain only 78 subs after his 100th video but he still did'nt give up.

Empyragon

Freedom! Member
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
Empyragon
Honestly, if i can succeed with getting a job as a game developer i think i'd definitely do youtube as a side thing/hobby. Working with making videos would be awesome but for security reasons i'd want to succeed with my gamedev dream :)

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
rather be a youtuber but, Idont see my channel going anywhere so I will focus on getting an office job with youtube on the side and then come what may

StringStorm

Freedom! Member
Jul 15, 2015
stringstorm.info
YouTube
Having a single stream of income is always a terrible idea.

If you rely solely on your YouTube ventures, the moment it goes FUBAR, you'll have no income.
If you rely solely on your office job, the moment you get fired, you'll have no income.

But if you have both, if one of those went FUBAR, then you atleast have the other to support you. One may provide you less significantly than the other but its a million times better than nothing.