Hi,

I'm John Gleason. Online I usually go by "Godless Engineer" and I recently joined the Freedom Network through HitStart. I'm a 31 yo software engineer in North Alabama, USA.

I found Freedom through signing up for HitStart which a friend of mine is running.

The channel that is partnered through Freedom is "Godless Engineer Plays" and it's a gaming channel. Currently right now I'm playing:

➥The Division
➥Doom Series
➥Borderlands Series
➥Fallout 4
➥Far Cry Series
➥Dead Rising Series

I am really excited to interact with everyone in this community and am looking to help each other out as much as possible.

Reactions: Ashley SilverDust

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Hey John , Welcome to Freedom :)

I'm loving the division right now ! are you enjoying it ?
I'm looking forward to trying Doom a lot :)

what is being a software engineer like ?

Hey John , Welcome to Freedom :)

I'm loving the division right now ! are you enjoying it ?
I'm looking forward to trying Doom a lot :)

what is being a software engineer like ?

I'm loving it too... I get really engrossed in games like it where it's very loot based and open world with missions + side missions + smaller no-quite-missions-but-hey-kill-these-guys-and-flip-a-switch missions lol

I have a masters in software engineering and a bachelors in computer engineering. I work with web applications at my day job. Right now i'm in a test / fix portion so i have a lot of down time.

Did you play COD BLOPS 3?

Reactions: Prology

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Hi,

I'm John Gleason. Online I usually go by "Godless Engineer" and I recently joined the Freedom Network through HitStart. I'm a 31 yo software engineer in North Alabama, USA.

I found Freedom through signing up for HitStart which a friend of mine is running.

The channel that is partnered through Freedom is "Godless Engineer Plays" and it's a gaming channel. Currently right now I'm playing:

➥The Division
➥Doom Series
➥Borderlands Series
➥Fallout 4
➥Far Cry Series
➥Dead Rising Series

I am really excited to interact with everyone in this community and am looking to help each other out as much as possible.
Welcome to Freedom! You're playing some top notch games! We're glad to have you. I hope to see you around, I feel like you have a lot to offer this community. I'm 31 in Maine, USA - so, it's nice to meet someone my age too! I haven't been very active on my channel lately, but you're doing a great job from the looks of it! I am active daily in the community, so maybe I'll see you around. Keep up the good work!

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
I'm loving it too... I get really engrossed in games like it where it's very loot based and open world with missions + side missions + smaller no-quite-missions-but-hey-kill-these-guys-and-flip-a-switch missions lol

I have a masters in software engineering and a bachelors in computer engineering. I work with web applications at my day job. Right now i'm in a test / fix portion so i have a lot of down time.

Did you play COD BLOPS 3?

Dam you have some nice qualifications right there ! Good job dude ! yeah I agree games like that with a lot of missions are great , for me Skyrim one of the best games I have played had it all :)

Yeah Black ops 3 is my main game atm ! :) you play it ?

Dam you have some nice qualifications right there ! Good job dude ! yeah I agree games like that with a lot of missions are great , for me Skyrim one of the best games I have played had it all :)

Yeah Black ops 3 is my main game atm ! :) you play it ?

I play it on PC. I haven't in a while though. Been focused on other games. I generally like playing BLOPS when I want a game to relax to.

Reactions: Prology

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
I play it on PC. I haven't in a while though. Been focused on other games. I generally like playing BLOPS when I want a game to relax to.

Yeah nor I , cant wait for next one if they make one ! black ops 3 I cant relax with I have to be on top game all time xD

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi,

➥The Division
➥Doom Series
➥Borderlands Series
➥Fallout 4
➥Far Cry Series
➥Dead Rising Series

Damn, that sounds like an intimidating name. My name is fattmat, and it's the least intimidating thing you can imagine, heh. That's a nice collection of games that you're playing. Do you manage to change up the routine of the average let's play? Standing out for gaming content is becoming increasingly hard due to the sheer number of people fighting for the top spot.

Damn, that sounds like an intimidating name. My name is fattmat, and it's the least intimidating thing you can imagine, heh. That's a nice collection of games that you're playing. Do you manage to change up the routine of the average let's play? Standing out for gaming content is becoming increasingly hard due to the sheer number of people fighting for the top spot.

I try to ... I'm more focused on live streaming than posting videos although I am getting more into posting videos. I try to style up my video a bit with what I call a stage... it usually has my yt gaming channel link on it and the game's title.

My commentary needs some work but I'm usually pretty on it with audience interaction.

stage.jpg

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I try to ... I'm more focused on live streaming than posting videos although I am getting more into posting videos. I try to style up my video a bit with what I call a stage... it usually has my yt gaming channel link on it and the game's title.

My commentary needs some work but I'm usually pretty on it with audience interaction.

View attachment 14205
Livestreaming is awesome, because you can get someone to edit your videos easier for your youtube channel. That's my plan once I start my moving during September ^^ How do you style the videos up? Talking to people is really easy too, I'm surprised that people have trouble talking to the people watching them. But it really depends on the people commenting too. If you ever want to have a commentary session with me, let me know, because I love talking ^^

Livestreaming is awesome, because you can get someone to edit your videos easier for your youtube channel. That's my plan once I start my moving during September ^^ How do you style the videos up? Talking to people is really easy too, I'm surprised that people have trouble talking to the people watching them. But it really depends on the people commenting too. If you ever want to have a commentary session with me, let me know, because I love talking ^^

That image I attached is an example of the stage that I usually go with. Each game has it's own stage, it's own unique look. It's not just the gameplay with a voice over or a square camera capture on the gameplay... i like people to be able to see like 99% of the screen.

I'll take you up on that. My skype is GodlessEngineering

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
That image I attached is an example of the stage that I usually go with. Each game has it's own stage, it's own unique look. It's not just the gameplay with a voice over or a square camera capture on the gameplay... i like people to be able to see like 99% of the screen.

I'll take you up on that. My skype is GodlessEngineering
Oh! I was mistaken, my eyes looked over the picture because I thought it was a banner, heh. That's creative that you cater every game to having it's own stage. When I play hearthstone, I use a small variation between each hero for the nine classes. I like the creativity ^^

And I'll take you up on the offer that I offered you too, I'll add you momentarily!

DKGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2016
YouTube
Hey man welcome to the community! If you ever want to collab with someone, just hit me up! Im always happy to play! :)