What Software do you use to edit videos?

K2KIER

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
hi guys, what software do most of you use to edit your videos? I personally use Sony Vegas, however I am interested in knowing what you guys use and if it's better an what I use. :)

Reactions: geauxburns
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 Ultimate, which works but it isn't the best. I wish I had better options, but at least it produces in 4k and lets me make my own effects and stuff.

I might eventually purchase Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro. I guess it depends on how serious this having a YouTube channel thing becomes.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 Ultimate, which works but it isn't the best. I wish I had better options, but at least it produces in 4k and lets me make my own effects and stuff.

I might eventually purchase Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro. I guess it depends on how serious this having a YouTube channel thing becomes.
What do you mean it isn't the best? It works tremendously for myself :p Powerdirector 13 is a powerhouse to behold, and editing times are low-intense and quick ^^

Granted I'm tooting it's horn a bit, I feel like powerdirector13 is a fantastic product.

Reactions: FreakShack

Yuci YZ

Rising User
Mar 9, 2016
YouTube
hi guys, what software do most of you use to edit your videos? I personally use Sony Vegas, however I am interested in knowing what you guys use and if it's better an what I use. :)
i use Wondershare, but of course sony vegas would be better, but too bad you have to pay for it xD

NerdtasticHD

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2015
YouTube
Hey, I use Sony Vegas, great for colour correction an that. plus soon be doing a video on how i render my videos, i have a few already on what i use to record an that, so check them out, might help some of you :)

Reactions: geauxburns

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate... I dont know if its better... but for me I find it easier to use... and i understand it better... and its quite a bit cheaper than vegas...

It can pretty much do anything vegas can do I think...

Tonnes of filters for video and audio, color touch up, speeding or slowing video, cropping, layering, titles, transitions, keying out (greenscreen effect), HD, 4K, 3D, etc.

What do you mean it isn't the best? It works tremendously for myself :p Powerdirector 13 is a powerhouse to behold, and editing times are low-intense and quick ^^

Granted I'm tooting it's horn a bit, I feel like powerdirector13 is a fantastic product.

I've had some issues with the program over the year that I've had it. Most of them have been resolved finally after a few patches, but some still creep in there. I notice that even though I have a powerful PC (16 GB RAM, i7-6700 CPU) the program never loads shadow files and tends to skip when I'm editing sometimes.

Plus, tech support is not helpful for the product.

I agree though, editing is very quick as is the final rendering process. I'll probably be using it for the next year or so regardless of whether I end up switching programs or upgrading to a new version.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I've had some issues with the program over the year that I've had it. Most of them have been resolved finally after a few patches, but some still creep in there. I notice that even though I have a powerful PC (16 GB RAM, i7-6700 CPU) the program never loads shadow files and tends to skip when I'm editing sometimes.

Plus, tech support is not helpful for the product.

I agree though, editing is very quick as is the final rendering process. I'll probably be using it for the next year or so regardless of whether I end up switching programs or upgrading to a new version.
That's strange, I never use shadow files myself, I just use an additional program to get the job done. I just it primarily for editing, but I see more of where you're coming from. I don't upgrade every single year since it's not always cost effective, heh.I typically never use tech support and I troubleshoot everything myself, and I built a system around recording ^^

Reactions: LightInADarkRoom

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
That's strange, I never use shadow files myself, I just use an additional program to get the job done. I just it primarily for editing, but I see more of where you're coming from. I don't upgrade every single year since it's not always cost effective, heh.I typically never use tech support and I troubleshoot everything myself, and I built a system around recording ^^
Kind of the same I built a computer around recording, editing and gaming

My specs

I7 3770
Z77 extreme 4 mobo
Msi r9 390 gpu
32gb ram
1300 corsair psu

I got most of this on a deal and turned out 2 be the perfect for all three :)

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Kind of the same I built a computer around recording, editing and gaming

My specs

I7 3770
Z77 extreme 4 mobo
Msi r9 390 gpu
32gb ram
1300 corsair psu

I got most of this on a deal and turned out 2 be the perfect for all three :)
I seriously need a new computer. I bought this outright for about 667$, but I've been wanting to upgrade it so hard lately, hah.

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
The processor I got on a trade lol and the psu I found on ebay for $50 so I couldnt pass up on that deal even of it is over kill