Solved What Should I Do ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shenmue

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I made a walkthrough of the COD 4 Campaign and its been claimed by ACTIVISION but it falls under fair use i dunno what to do can i get some help

Here's the actual video, What should I do.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
If it goes under Fair Use, dispute it using the "File a Dispute" button. This is if you own all the necessary legal rights for this video.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
You could file a dispute and it will allow you to outline why you are disputing it - so in your case that it falls under fair use. All that I can say is make sure that it does indeed fall under fair use before you make the claim and include as much detail as you possibly can otherwise their is a potential that the dispute could be rejected.

On a side note I can see that you included commentary on the video, so as such as long as the community directly relates to the video being shown then there should be no problem arguing this as fair use. However it is ultimately down to the copyright provider whether or not they allow monetisation on their product, as under law it is still their legal property, and protected under copyright.

Upvote 0

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Activition wants you to remove the monetization.
You are allowed to use the game in videos (due to the fair use agreement) but monezation is not a part of that agreement

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.