What should I do to make this better?

HyperLabs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2015
YouTube
ItsJackLads
So I kinda decided to spend the day working on a butch of random paintings in photoshop and I've been trying to figure out how to make some of them better. I had a lot of input from friends but I wanted to get some opinions from people I don't hang around with on a daily basis :)

Anyone got any Ideas on what I should try doing to this?

Inspire GFX

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Okay so a few thoughts on it.

1: The Scythe itself could use a bit more detail. The handle is a bit baron if you know what i mean :) It could use some edges or engravings to it. Now I understand you painted it and this might be difficult (Personally i do 3d models so maybe its just me being picky)

2: The Teeth themselves seem to short. I would lengthen the teeth and make them look more brutal

Other then that keep up the awesome work and don't stop doing what you do!

HyperLabs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2015
YouTube
ItsJackLads

1: The Scythe itself could use a bit more detail. The handle is a bit baron if you know what i mean :) It could use some edges or engravings to it. Now I understand you painted it and this might be difficult (Personally i do 3d models so maybe its just me being picky)

2: The Teeth themselves seem to short. I would lengthen the teeth and make them look more brutal

Thanks for the ideas. The reason the handle of the scythe is so lightly detailed is because i'm waiting on finishing of a character to hold it and this is my kinda mock up design for what he will be holding but ill try make the fangs longer on the skull part :)

HyperLabs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2015
YouTube
ItsJackLads

Thanks :) The background is suppose to be hazy its just my project i'm working on has to be in that style :p