What recording program

Matusworld

New User
Freedom! Member
May 2, 2015
hello there i am Thinking about getting a new recoding program other than obs to record with.

Can you guys help me what program should i buy?

And if you have some good recordings settings to obs plz send me them becuase i don't think mine obs settings is the best right now ;D

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
OBS is generally good.
I use an open source game recorder you can download. It's called Loilo game recorder. It gives pretty high def quality, while using minimal resources, so that's pretty good.

Reactions: GreenManX

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
My recommendation is to look at the countless threads on the internet about the best game-recording solution before making a thread about it.

If you can make a thread, you can do a google search.

Reactions: Matusworld

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
hello there i am Thinking about getting a new recoding program other than obs to record with.

And if you have some good recordings settings to obs plz send me them becuase i don't think mine obs settings is the best right now ;D
I'd recommend using Fraps(If you have alot of space, generally fraps takes up alot of Hard drive space, or SSD Space.)

Or you can use the recording software that comes with your Video card provider, Geforce Experience, or AMD Raptr, Both are Great, But Generally the rule of thumb is Nvidia provides better drivers so it really depends on what Video card you have, It's just to bad intel doesn't offer anything at this moment.

~Zac's Custom

Matusworld

New User
Freedom! Member
May 2, 2015
I'd recommend using Fraps(If you have alot of space, generally fraps takes up alot of Hard drive space, or SSD Space.)

Or you can use the recording software that comes with your Video card provider, Geforce Experience, or AMD Raptr, Both are Great, But Generally the rule of thumb is Nvidia provides better drivers so it really depends on what Video card you have, It's just to bad intel doesn't offer anything at this moment.

~Zac's Custom

Thx for the reply

What do you think about shadowplay ?

sodaholiczir

Rising User
Nov 14, 2015
YouTube
I use shadowplay and so far it works great. I've tried others like mirillis action,fraps and dxtory but they dont work well for me probably because my cpu is crap (FX 6300)

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Thx for the reply

What do you think about shadowplay ?
If that is what your current video card supports, then by all means use it, I've used it in the past, and I've used AMD Raptr, they both do the same thing, the only difference is what video card your using supports it or doesn't.

Best of luck!

~Zac's Custom

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube

I'm using Loilo Game Recorder. It is free and it makes great quality videos. Just choose 85 on quality scale and the files are not gonna be to big and keep it on 720p, otherwise it will take more than 500 Mb per minute.

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Well, when I record on PC (which is not that common) I use Shadowplay because my PC has about 8 years old, so I need to get some money to upgrade it and try to get another software to record such as OBS or something alike.

MyGamingFace

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 26, 2015
YouTube
I dont see it being mentioned by anyone, but i am using Elgato Game Capture HD. I am super happy with it! I find it very easy to setup for console and computer, and i dont see any problems with the fps. The version i have is the older one, and i think the newer one does recording in 60 fps, but i havent looked into it. I recommend it for sure!

EDIT:
Just realised that you might only meant software and not an actual device, like the elgato:) If that is the case, forget this reply!

Last edited: