What mic should i buy/use?

ZecroRS

New User
Mar 27, 2016
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I just made my first video and recorded my voice with my Phone =P but ofcourse i wanne have better quality sound. So thats why I wanne ask you guys for some tips on getting a not to expensive but good mic to record for YouTube =)

Greetzz ZecroRS

OneBarRouter

Rising User
Mar 4, 2016
I use a Blue Yeti
Here is a picture
It's on a boom arm
all in all, close to a $200 mic setup if you are interested in the price.
IMG_1429.JPG

ThisIsIsaac

Rising User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
A Blue Yeti is the best for its price you can get them for about $100
If that is expensive, you can get the Blue Snowball for about half the price

Viowolf

Freedom! Member
Jan 13, 2015
YouTube
Word of advise from someone who owns a yeti. The Blue Yeti and Snowball are good microphones for their price and ease of use, BUT I only recommend them if you have a setup with a good mic stand and little to no background noise. The design of these mics tend to make them real sensitive to even subtle noises like mouth clicks and pops or the creaking of a chair. If you don't have any of these problems then buy either of them if you like, but I would research other options out there, if I were you.

Reactions: fattmat

Hostslayer

Gamer Person
Freedom! Member
Apr 12, 2014
YouTube
I recommend the blue snowball.
It's great for beginner commentary
Go look how to improve your sound quality and you'll sound great.
(Don't believe me check out my videos & if you need help let me know)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Word of advise from someone who owns a yeti. The Blue Yeti and Snowball are good microphones for their price and ease of use, BUT I only recommend them if you have a setup with a good mic stand and little to no background noise. The design of these mics tend to make them real sensitive to even subtle noises like mouth clicks and pops or the creaking of a chair. If you don't have any of these problems then buy either of them if you like, but I would research other options out there, if I were you.
I always forget that people don't have the same set-up that I have. My environment is tuned for lowering the overall background noise.

OneBarRouter

Rising User
Mar 4, 2016
They only are sensitive if you have them on sensitive settings lol

geauxburns

Rising User
Apr 3, 2016
USA
YouTube
Adding to Zecros question; is there a Headset with a good quality built-in mic that you would recommend; currently I use a $25 Logitech headset to record audio for my vids, and came to realize that gaming headset like Razer, HyperX, etc aren't exactly built with the best quality mic. Would get a standup like a Blue Yeti or Snowball, but I just prefer using a headset. Thoughts?

ITechnologyman

New User
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
Well i bought a cheap condenser microphone of ebay for $40 but it is a brand that will name whatever the seller wants but i can tell you the model its a BM-800 if you google it it will come up straight away, tho only thing with it is is that it needs power so a have a X-USB from Swamp and it outputs either USB or just an AUX Cord. to record i have an Avermedia LGP because i started doff playing PS3 but i moved to my Very bad and Very Old pc (7 Years old :eek:) so i kept using it for recording as programs like x-split would give me 2fps in-game ;-; so using my LGP hooked up to my PC i could record endlessly to an extent on to my hard drive with all of the work being done externally. well there is my ghetto setup and it works for me, so if your desperate like me...