What makes up a good youtube channel?

RARE INAMERICA

Rising User
Freedom! Member
so i made this thread not only to better understand what i should be doing to my channel but to also hVE OTHERS LOOK AT THIS THREAD AND GET SOMEINSIGHT of what to keep in mind while in you tube please even if you have a 100 sub and higher or lower post what you think makes a youtube channel successful

CoOpShop

New User
Main Concepts:
Just spend time on your videos and make good quality content.
Make custom thumbnails for all your videos
Have a really good computer/mic and things like that.
Make sure that you don't get too personal until your fanbase is quite large

Personal to Channel:
Your content is hilarious and I quite enjoy it. I would just keep doing what your doing and just improve on the small editing areas!

Mythical Violence

Rising User
It took me awhile to find the key to all of YouTube, It's Quality and Exposure (Q&E). Exposure can be from collabs with friends or other YouTubers. To have good Quality videos, you need to have a good recording software and plenty of storage for the file to go (Preferably 300GBs). You need to have a good editing software like Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects or even Camtasia. Editing videos is difficult, but you'll appreciate your project even more after you render your video. Remember, you HAVE to have a computer or a decent laptop.

Key things you need to have in a video.

1. Highlights of your moments from time to time. Have talkative commentary.
2. Eye candy, like flashing colors or colorful things. Or even things flying across the screen, for example if you said something about Doge (The meme), you would have a picture of Doge fly across the screen, this is what we call EyeCandy.
3. Music! Music is simple, except you have to find some music that isn't copy righted (Copyright is when you use a song without permission, you basically stole it an reuploaded it, somewhat.). A good place to find free music is http://www.incompetech.com/ (Note: you have to credit him, and the song name in the description if you use his music.), you can find other royalty free music from YouTube or the internet in general, you can search, "Top 10 Copyright Free Music" on YouTube, I'm sure there's a video that has some songs you can use. If you have a certain mood your going for like comedy, use a happy felt song, if you're going for sad and dark, use a dark instrumental. DON'T USE BIG NAME SONGS, like Timber or Bad Blood, the stuff you hear on the radio. Record companies will crack down on you.
4. Review your video! Always take the extra minute in making a tweak, always edit your videos to a short length like 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Make a thumbnail! Simple, right? Not to theory. Making a thumbnail is quite difficult because you have to pull in either an image from the game (Like a funny moment), then editing it to make it look cool so people will click on YOUR video. Eyecandy (Memes, colorfulness like boosted saturation (Brighter colors).), and an optional caption, because your title acts like a caption for your thumbnail.
6. Uploading your video! The title is easy, come up with a caption like, "OMG BALLS!" and have the thumbnail relating to that. Tags help you a ton, if you feature Freddy Fazbear in your video, put a freddy fazbear tag in there. Put tags that relate to your video.

We've learned about making a video and Q&E, now let's see the steps.

Step 1: Record a video with something like Fraps, Bandicam, OBS or DXTory. ALWAYS have talkative commentary.
Step 2: Edit the video (This has to be the hardest part of the process.), add music, eyecandy, and highlights, ect,
Step 3. Upload the video to YouTube with relative tags, title and thumbnail.
Step 4. Done.

I'll always be glad to help.

NeverEndingFear

Respected User
so i made this thread not only to better understand what i should be doing to my channel but to also hVE OTHERS LOOK AT THIS THREAD AND GET SOMEINSIGHT of what to keep in mind while in you tube please even if you have a 100 sub and higher or lower post what you think makes a youtube channel successful
Work hard do all you can to upload the most original content there is, have quality,and most of all be you.Also good channel art is important and dont say youre too small for that, if i go into someones channel and see the standard youtube banner,im out.hope i helped

suicidalhedshot

Freedom! Member
Be consistent with your content, produce high quality videos, edit your videos as best as you can, provide great commentary, and make sure every video is your BEST. Work hard to put out your best videos. Don't rush your content buy pace yourself so you can keep up with your upload schedule. Have a really good PC with TONS of space. I have 4 hard drives in my PC. 1 is my OS ssd, 1 for games and the other 2 are for video storage and projects. Have a really good mic and of recommend a pop filter. Not required but its nice to have. Hope this helps and best of luck to you!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I think that a good Banner and avatar that goes well together is a start.
With that a good organized Home screen for easy browsing.
Regarding video's it is about the quality and content and matters of entertainment along with a good video description and thumbnail.
Having these organized in playlists for a good overvieuw makes it easier for people to watch more of that series.
Lastly and optional a clear info in the about section, what you upload, your schedule and why are you unique?

For me these are key items and trough dedication one wil surely grow in time.

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Professionalism and quality.

Everybody loves a channel that looks good and performs professionally, little stuff like logos, banners, thumbnails, and even social media link NAMES all make up an image, one that will either attract viewers or push them away. Typos in your video titles will significantly hurt your viewer base.

ALTHOUGH, fancy looking logos, banners, and thumbnails will only get you views, NOT subscribers. Just because you can catch a few hundred viewers' attentions doesn't mean you can keep them. Quality can make them stay.

Bottom line, a channel's ability to capture people's attention and make them stay can lead to success and longevity.

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
For it is spend some good free time in making videos, it will be great if you can upload every day, good and interesting thumbnails, and most important for me good conversations with your fans. :)