What makes a good YouTuber?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube

A lot of people have been asking lately on how to be popular. How to get views, followers, or even ideas that spark attention. There are a lot of successful channels out there, but what do you think is important to have? It could be good SEO abilities, a great personality, or anything else. What little known tip do you know?

Personally, I feel that being unique is true to an extent. You need to apply to an audience, and to figure out what needs to be done. Adapting can take you far ^^​

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Thumbnails are key. They make potential viewers automatically inclined to click the video and good thumbnails make the video have a higher watch chance.

I'd say a good YouTube personality is KEY. What I like is when people are funny, but that will probably change depending on the person. And different personalities make the people stand out from other YouTubers, hopefully in a good way :D!

Editing is also key, too. I don't think I need much else to explain there.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thumbnails are key. They make potential viewers automatically inclined to click the video and good thumbnails make the video have a higher watch chance.

I'd say a good YouTube personality is KEY. What I like is when people are funny, but that will probably change depending on the person. And different personalities make the people stand out from other YouTubers, hopefully in a good way :D!

Editing is also key, too. I don't think I need much else to explain there.
Definitely, I agree with you on the thumbnails. People often forget that people see the picture, and video title first of all. Personality can bring in a wide audience, and it can vary from person to person. Editing takes time to master, but when you get some skill involved, you're set ^^

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Definitely, I agree with you on the thumbnails. People often forget that people see the picture, and video title first of all. Personality can bring in a wide audience, and it can vary from person to person. Editing takes time to master, but when you get some skill involved, you're set ^^
Yep!

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Consistency, stick with it.. upload regularly and keep doing it, even when you seem down.
What about for people that create monotone/lesser content when they're not motivated? It feels like some people don't have the motivation to make those videos. Uploading regularly is definitely encouraged, I'm concerned when people don't schedule their uploads for the future :eek:

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
What about for people that create monotone/lesser content when they're not motivated? It feels like some people don't have the motivation to make those videos. Uploading regularly is definitely encouraged, I'm concerned when people don't schedule their uploads for the future :eek:

It is my opinion, that the number one killer of momentum is that folks stop or quit. Indeed, its always good to make some extra content you can throw up if you aren't feelin' it

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
It is my opinion, that the number one killer of momentum is that folks stop or quit. Indeed, its always good to make some extra content you can throw up if you aren't feelin' it
It's a shame that we can't reach out to people that start to quit at times, but I understand your perspective. How do you typically motivate people to stay on top of their game? I understand that we aren't responsible for keeping their head in the game, but still :p

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I think my biggest response to this would be selflessness and positivity. I know whenever I check someone out, I'll instantly click away if the person is constantly screaming and shouting and/or complaining. I also don't like watching someone who's completely full of themselves. Everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time, just because you're good at a game don't make you more of a man. It could fall along the category of personality, but how you carry yourself definitely has a lot to do with it.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I think my biggest response to this would be selflessness and positivity. I know whenever I check someone out, I'll instantly click away if the person is constantly screaming and shouting and/or complaining. I also don't like watching someone who's completely full of themselves. Everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time, just because you're good at a game don't make you more of a man. It could fall along the category of personality, but how you carry yourself definitely has a lot to do with it.
Target market is important for this reason alone. Adults/kids can appreciate the niceness, teenagers might scoff. Same goes for someone complaining, younger people love drama, heh. And I understand on the whole carrying yourself, egotistical people put me off easily.
Good literal quality I find is something important to me. I typically stay away/avoid channels that don't record in 60 frames per second 1080p but that's only if it is gaming as it's almost a regular thing now to record like that. It angers me to see videos uploading to this day in like 360p/480p/720p 30 frames per second.
Hah, I wish I could record in 60 fps, but that should come in the future when I invest in a better PC. I still don't like when someone has a low quality video though, it can be hard to get noticed with something extremely sub-par.

1-Bit

Rising User
May 1, 2014
Toronto, Canada
YouTube

A lot of people have been asking lately on how to be popular. How to get views, followers, or even ideas that spark attention. There are a lot of successful channels out there, but what do you think is important to have? It could be good SEO abilities, a great personality, or anything else. What little known tip do you know?

Personally, I feel that being unique is true to an extent. You need to apply to an audience, and to figure out what needs to be done. Adapting can take you far ^^​

One Word: Personality. :)

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
One Word: Personality. :)
Hah, personality really is insane. People can gain an audience based off of being likable :eek:
Interact with other youtubers.... Leave good comments that are useful on other videos :)
Yeah, I love when people don't type half-butt comments. Seeing "Great video, liked ;)" can get old quickly :eek:

Reactions: iDeviceTricks4U