What Makes a Good Let's Play?

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys, I'm going to be doing a 'How to be a Let's Player' parody sort of episode and I want to know what makes a good Let's Player. The video is going to be split off into sections, so what 5 things do you guys think is the most important factors for a good Let's Play channel?

Reactions: Dream3dition

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
A good commentary, like barely any quiet moments but also doesn't make random noises just to fill up the silence, and of course video quality. :)

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
  • Content
    • Knowing what to say at what moment.
    • Keeping it entertaining for your audience.
    • Be smart. (If you're known for being silly / dumb, be smart about being that way)
  • Expression
    • People find it more enjoyable (should you have a webcam) to be expressive during your gameplay. Don't have a deadpan look on your face the entire time. If that's how you are naturally, then practice in front of a mirror or in a practice recording session.
  • Review
    • Give good reviews at the end of the game. Tell people what you thought of it. Graphics, game play, story line, etc.

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
-Having your own personality. I find it really hard to watch people who all try to sound the same, be yourself c:
-An interesting game, or making a boring game interesting. No one wants to sit watching you click cookies if your not making it fun to watch.
-Memes. Everyone loves a good meme.
-Be on the ball; if something happens in the game, tell your audience you saw it!
-Engage and interact with your audience.

Dream3dition

Rising User
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
I do let's plays and I would suggest...
1.) Commentary that grabs the attention of your audience throughout the video
2.) Interesting content or content that contributes to the viewers
3.) Good audio and video quality, including the mic
4.) Figure out what let's plays people enjoy seeing and try them out
5.) MOST IMPORTANT: Just have fun with it man. YouTube isn't fun unless you like doing it. Just do what you love playing most and stick to it.

Tudi Kovin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
Good audio and video quality, interesting games. Most important thingt o me is the player himself. His character / personality is probably the most important thing :)

Last edited:

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey guys, I'm going to be doing a 'How to be a Let's Player' parody sort of episode and I want to know what makes a good Let's Player. The video is going to be split off into sections, so what 5 things do you guys think is the most important factors for a good Let's Play channel?
Having less dull moments, removing the boring bits that you didn't personally like, engaging people to talk in the comments, and working with other people. Succeeding in your own solo game, can be a lot harder, because we aren't ourselves 100% when we're alone surprisingly, hah.