what is your least favorite thing about doing youtube

incapablegamer

Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2016
maine usa
YouTube
as the title says

mine has got to be having to render and edit the videos.
sam does 99% of the editing because i absolutely hate our editing program. evey time i use it something goes wrong lol.
for what ever reason when i record with fraps my files are huge 55+gb each at 1080p. so i have to render them down with handbrake to 720p and they go down to 300mb-1gb so its not that i hate rendering them down its just time consuming. but thats about it. i love recording and i like talking to other youtubers.
what about you guys?

Reactions: Eldridge Coutinho

geauxburns

Rising User
Apr 3, 2016
USA
YouTube
Love editing vids; putting it together, cutting parts out, mixing scenes around to fit your vision, adding audio, sfx, graphics, etc. Just takes time, dedication, practice, willingness to learn new skills/tricks as well as photoshop and good editing software. The rendering and uploading can be time consuming depending on how long the vid is, but my least favorite thing is never getting as many views as I'd like. Ah well, maybe one day. :)

C

Corpfox

Adding a message before uploading for Google+.

As simple as it sounds, it NEVER works. It used to work when Google+ wasn't added.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
as the title says

sam does 99% of the editing because i absolutely hate our editing program. evey time i use it something goes wrong lol.
for what ever reason when i record with fraps my files are huge 55+gb each at 1080p. so i have to render them down with handbrake to 720p and they go down to 300mb-1gb so its not that i hate rendering them down its just time consuming. but thats about it. i love recording and i like talking to other youtubers.
what about you guys?
When it comes to youtube, I dislike not having the time to monitor everything often. I have a job, and other personal engagements that take me away from doing everything full time.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
as the title says

what about you guys?
Don't use fraps.

The thing I hate is also the thing I love most about Youtube; it's unpredictable nature.

MiracleTaiyo

New User
Apr 9, 2016
YouTube
It has got to be one of my editing sofware. It doesn't seem to like rendering my audio after one hour of rendering. I resort back to using Windows Movie Maker for the time being until I fix the problem.

Another thing would be when I upload the video. It sometimes take over an hour for it to upload and when it's uploading, my internet becomes slow. That means I have to wait for youtube videos to buffer which is my most hated thing in the world. Buffering.

NeoN Clan

New User
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
Favourite thing about YouTube:
Seeing the finished product of all the hard work I put into a video and all the amazing feedback!

Least favourite thing about YouTube:
Having active subscribers deleted and being dislike botted

Apart from that I think that YouTube is an amazing site creating opportunities for people all around the world!

NeoN Clan

New User
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
Uploading, I have utterly atrocious internet, like 3mgps down, 300k up on a good day. So Vids take about 1 hour per minute of footage to upload, that's why i started uploading from my office
My internet has 0.3mbs upload speed, this means that it completely crashes my wifi and takes around 2 hours to upload a minute of 720p footage.
This means that I have to upload overnight so that my other 5 members of the house will not get angry at me.

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
I have 2 worse parts one is time, I work a full time job as a store manager. Two days a week of to record and edit, don't get me wrong I love my job but 9-6 everyday cuts into how I really want to edit my videos together. The second thing I hate is to me it seems copyright claims happen a lot to the little channels, it seems they let the big names slide a little more than us that don't have millions of subscribers. The second point is just petty just how I feel.

Traf Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
my worst things about doing youtube is recording and getting lag spikes, rendering because it takes so long to render and uploading the videos because i have 0.9Mbps upload speed

RogueMonkeyJr. Gaming

Rising User
Mar 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
The thing I hate the most is having my PC tied up (using all the CPU power) to render my videos and having a good bit of my bandwith used while uploading... That will soon change though because I am upgrading my current PC and using the old parts to build another one which will be used for editing and I will also more than likely be getting better internet. Gonna go from 10mbps upload to 25 or 50 :)

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Probably the uploading. My download speed is great but upload is another story. Takes about an hour and a half for a 20 minute video to upload :/