What is your definition of a vlog?

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I'm just curious to see what others think. I think the most popular way I have heard it described is the typical daily vlogging, filming your life. However, I have also seen it described as basically just talking to the camera. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Lauren Smith

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Vlog, by definition is a blog in the form of video. Could really be about anything as long as it is person to viewer in real life.
There can be set scenes and scripts, but as long as there is a clear topic that the Vlog is about, then it's a Vlog.

Consider it a low budget quick production movie.

Kapudowitski

Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
Vlog basically is a video blog. To me, a vlog is a video posted on Youtube (or any other social media) where you show the things that happens on a specific day, for example if you're on vacation, or visiting a friend. I don't consider reviews (of games, movies or books) as vlogs.

Cameron White

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2016
YouTube
I would say a vlog is filming your day. Preferably the good parts. Just like a blog (which is writing all about how your day went) but it is a video.

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
I used to consider vlogs just recording your daily life, but when I stopped to think about it, I realized that the videos where I pick a topic and talk straight to the camera about them should be considered a vlog, too! : )