What is the point of Freedom?

iDuskk

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 9, 2016
YouTube
I'm still fairly new to the freedom family, but I've been a member for like a week or two now, and I'm still wondering what the point really is. Not trying to come off as a hater or anything, but what does Freedom provide me that I can't find elsewhere?

I mainly joined this network for the feedback on my videos, and to network with other content creators, and to try to just make my channel grow faster. But so far I'm not really seeing anything of value coming from freedom.

The Forums are a nice way to network with people, but I can do that outside of freedom. I was interested in posting in the creations forums for legitimate criticisms, and helpful tips to improve my videos, but even though I had to wait until 30 posts "to weed out all the people who just want to advertise their videos" thats still all anyone does in the creations forums is post their videos or channels with a generic "Like and Subscribe for more" The rules even say "We are your colleagues, not your audience" but people don't seem to get that.

Some of the services like Audio Micro, and Epoxy are useful, but those are also offered by every other network pretty much, and there are plenty of free resources for royalty free music, and being a small channel, I don't really have the need for Epoxy yet.

I've met a few GFX artists through this site and got some commissions done, and that is good, but again thats something that I didn't need freedom for, I could have gone to any other forum site for that.

I get that the whole "anybody can join" thing is good for small channels who legitimately want to grow, but there are so many people who post here just as another place to advertise and push their content without actually contributing to anything. I know I'm a small channel, but at least I try to give helpful advice where I can.

Am I missing something? I'm honestly thinking of just leaving the network and going back to being just a youtube partner. I get that being a small channel, I'm not making the network much money, so I can't expect to get a whole lot back, but I'm not really seeing any growth from my channel as a result from freedom. Its not like im expecting the growth to just come on its own, I do put in the work, and will put in as much work as needed. I make videos every day, and try to improve on my quality every day. Is there something freedom offers that I'm not taking advantage of?

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Some of the services like Audio Micro, and Epoxy are useful, but those are also offered by every other network pretty much, and there are plenty of free resources for royalty free music, and being a small channel, I don't really have the need for Epoxy yet.

Well if you consider Audio Micro useful then one thing you might also find useful that I believe only freedom offers is Position Music.

iDuskk

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 9, 2016
YouTube
Well if you consider Audio Micro useful then one thing you might also find useful that I believe only freedom offers is Position Music.

Yeah I think all the music services are good. But my point was there are also plenty of free resources for music as well, so while access to the premium sites is a nice bonus, its not something that can only be found through freedom.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
In my point of view Freedom offers you the tools in order to help you grow.

With that comes a wide library of music, sponsorships wich come available once you have grown and the community wich will be your biggest part in growing due to the many tips people have to offer. The GVF and VFX people have set for you to use.

In my 3 years with freedom i have learned alot, got to know alot of great people and have grown and have helped people grow :)