What is the best microphone to get?

G

Gods of Odds

I want to buy a new microphone and probably some things like pop filters and whatever else but I have no clue what to get, I currently just use a Blue Snowball but I want to upgrade a bit. What does everyone here think I should get and what is the best microphone and other parts I can get?

Inspire GFX

Respected User
Freedom! Member
There are loads of things to upgrade to. I would suggest something like an AT-2020 USB Mic. If you want to get even better quality try out the XLR version with a Mixer. It will cost more but in the end the quality is night and day.

Chanvyx

New User
Oct 22, 2016
YouTube
Chanvyx_
It all depends on your budget. I think the Blue Snowball is a great option but if you want to spend a little extra then look no further than the Blue Yeti. I use the Blue Yeti and it works amazing!

UncleGravy

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2016
Wales
YouTube
Uncle_Gravy
My set up is RODE NT1-A + M-Audio Mobile pre Mk1 Audio interface, crystal clear sound even though the Audio interface is quite old and only just up for the task of driving the NT1-A, A good audio interface that I've had the pleasure of using for a while is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, or the cheaper option of the Scarlett Solo is another good choice.

I can't offer advice on USB mics since I've never used one (Excluding gaming headsets that use usb only)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I use a Blue Yeti, which I think is pretty great for YouTube and are cherished by many large YouTubers.
It also depends heavily on how much you can spend, but the Yeti will be the next step up.

Bradiation

Rising User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
check out sennhieser headsets m8, i have one, its audio sounds great, it came with its own sound card, and the headsets mic is awesome, it just needs a pop filter. definitely would reccomend

Drawyah

Respected User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
steamcommunity.com
YouTube
DrawyahYT