YouTube What is Preventing my Channel From Growing?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
So I've been working away hard at my channel since it began in August 2013, 4 and a half years ago. However it only has 223 subscribers and 11k views after so long. To make things worse most/all my subscribers are inactive.

Now the main issue is that the videos themselves don't get views, and on the rare ocassion that they do, they don't produce any further growth. In fact, I recently uploaded a video that got 100 views, an insane amount for my channel. However it didn't earn me any subscribers. In fact since uploading it I lost 2. Is it just because of something being wrong with my SEO? Or is there some bigger problem on why my videos don't get views? I even promote everywhere I can, however no promotion actually does anything.

This is all extra confusing when taking into account the start of my channel. The start was pretty decent, with most of my videos getting around 50-80 views each, with a few getting around 200, and one even got 320 views, the most views any of my videos got so far. I didn't even know what tags were at the time, yet my videos were still getting around 50-80 views. And I only had 45 subscribers at the time as well. When I started adding tags, the views stayed around the same.

And now more recently, my most popular series, my Pokemon TCG openings, also dropped down in views. They used to have this huge spike in views within the first 30 minutes since my first Pokemon TCG opening, however overtime that spike became much smaller, and the videos get way less views afterwards also. Pokemon TCG openings also have more competition that most of my other content, yet it still gets the most views. So maybe there's a problem in that? Should I be aiming more at higher popularity, higher competition content?

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
It could be anything.

1. You don't have a channel trailer.

2. Channel name Avrona. Any meaning behind it?

3. Tags. You got your tags like:
"pokemon pokemon tcg pokemon cards pokemon trading card game pokemon tcg openings pokemon unboxing"
"pokemon tcg opening"

Prob I see is:
"pokemon pokemon tcg pokemon cards pokemon trading card game pokemon tcg openings pokemon unboxing" is just one tag

Need to be something like:

"pokemon" "pokemon tcg" "pokemon cards" "pokemon trading card game" "pokemon unboxing"
"pokemon tcg opening"

(Tags for Freedom channel)

"freedom network","freedom mcn",Freedom,"Freedom! Central",YouTube,Partnership,"YouTube Network","YouTube Partnership","Partnership Network","YouTube Partnership Network",MCN,"YouTube MCN",George,"George Vanous","Become a Network","Freedom! Network","Partner Your Channel","How-to (Media Genre)"

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
You don't have a channel trailer.
I've been wanting to make on for a while, but I don't know what to put in it visuals wise.
Channel name Avrona. Any meaning behind it?
No not really.
Tags. You got your tags like:
"pokemon pokemon tcg pokemon cards pokemon trading card game pokemon tcg openings pokemon unboxing"
"pokemon tcg opening"
As in my channel tags? I put them all separately already.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
This what I mean[DOUBLEPOST=1520611240][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like only 2 tags

Attachments

• 2018-03-09 15_59_01-(3) avrona - YouTube - YouTube.png
    2018-03-09 15_59_01-(3) avrona - YouTube - YouTube.png
    76 KB · Views: 9

ItsGoingSkitzo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2018
uk
YouTube
So I've been working away hard at my channel since it began in August 2013, 4 and a half years ago. However it only has 223 subscribers and 11k views after so long. To make things worse most/all my subscribers are inactive.

Gaining SUBS is one of life mysteries...Akin to the Bermuda Triangle, The Philosophers Stone or why i like the taste of Dr Pepper...

There are so many factors in play as to what makes a channel work...Check out the free resources available on the Freedom site, as well as giving the Academy some serious study time...But most of all, just listen to the advice from the Freedom Members...The points made by Hyderpony are all good, valid points!

One personal observation is that I have found that, for me personally, Live streaming is far more productive than simply uploading...It allows one to one interaction with your audience...What method do you use?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
This what I mean[DOUBLEPOST=1520611240][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like only 2 tags
They are seperate when I enter them in.
There are so many factors in play as to what makes a channel work...Check out the free resources available on the Freedom site, as well as giving the Academy some serious study time...But most of all, just listen to the advice from the Freedom Members...
Been doing all of that already yet still nothing.
One personal observation is that I have found that, for me personally, Live streaming is far more productive than simply uploading...It allows one to one interaction with your audience
The problem is I do stream sometimes, yet they never get any views, no one interacts with them, etc, and they do far worse than videos.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
They are seperate when I enter them in.

You might want to double check it then because if he is saying it's all one tag and showing evidence of it being that way then it probably is actually that way. Use quotations to separate new tags (I think commas work too but at least one of them should work)

I know for my channel tags I have each unique term marked in quotes. 1 word tags don't need quotes around them.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I wonder why they are all weird for other people, Could that be a reason my channel is doing so poorly?
Your tags look fine, I’ve learned that maxing out your tags helps, but keep them related to the video. Make your most important tags first and least important tags last.
Yes. Sorting your tags help. Not many people know that.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
Yea your tags look ok now, not like before how I found them. The only thing I don't know tho. If I was going to tag My Little Pony should it be: My, Little, Pony, My Little Pony ? Like My would have it own tag.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Yea your tags look ok now, not like before how I found them. The only thing I don't know tho. If I was going to tag My Little Pony should it be: My, Little, Pony, My Little Pony ? Like My would have it own tag.
Probably not, "My" and "Little" doesn't sound useful, "Pony" wouldn't get you places either imo

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
Probably not, "My" and "Little" doesn't sound useful, "Pony" wouldn't get you places either imo

Here are my default tags I use: my little pony reaction,my little pony blind reaction,my little pony audio comic,my little pony,my little pony friendship is magic,mlp,my little pony: friendship is magic,friendship is magic,commentary,mlp:fim,brony,fim,blind,hasbro,bronies,comedy,pony,ponies,mlp reviews,reviews,funny mlp,my little pony analysis,analysis,my little pony review,comic dub,audio comic,fan comic,fancomic,fan dub,Blooper,Blooper Reel,Reaction,animation,alicorn,Rainbow Dash

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Your tags look fine, I’ve learned that maxing out your tags helps, but keep them related to the video. Make your most important tags first and least important tags last.
Yes. Sorting your tags help. Not many people know that.

It kind of makes me wonder why youtube doesn't let you re-order your tags if it's important. I feel like they used to let you do that but it's no longer been a thing for a while now.