Community What editing software do you use?

jpresa

New User
Jun 29, 2017
Hey, im a new YouTuber. Started 2 months ago and i've seen steady growth, but nothing atronomical. I'm editing with Adobe Premiere Elements 15. I'm trying to make the most of what it is, but i feel like its limited in some ways. Any suggestions on what i should upgrade to?

Mind you i don't have a ton a money.

Thanks again!

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
Hey, im a new YouTuber. Started 2 months ago and i've seen steady growth, but nothing atronomical. I'm editing with Adobe Premiere Elements 15. I'm trying to make the most of what it is, but i feel like its limited in some ways. Any suggestions on what i should upgrade to?

Thanks again!
Try ciphering through some of these apps. You may find one here which tickles your fancy.

https://freedom.community.tm/threads/list-your-video-editing-software.225031/

Hope this helps narrow down a selection for you?

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube

Thanks again!

Hi. To suit your needs I highly suggest a software known as hitfilm 4 express. It's a VFX compositor with a strong interface for non linear video production.

I've already answered this in another thread but my workflow (I'm a filmmaker) consists of not 1 tool but many. Here are some of the tools I use to produce content:
  • PremierePro CC
  • AdobeAE CC
  • SpeedGrade CC
  • DaVinci Resolve
  • Photoshop CC
  • Lightroom CC
  • Media Encoder
  • Hitfilm 4 Express
And many more.

Hitfilm and da Vinci are great tools I believe every new youtuber should try out if they are looking for free software. There may be a steep learning curve for some however it will pave the way for new skills.
Just remember, it's not about the software but instead, it's more about the art of editing. Making good cuts, perfecting your grades, your mixing, focus on learning the concepts of video production and then you can apply those to any editor you need.

Reactions: Danny

Capt_Dark

Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
I use to use sony vegas then I got more into premiere pro I love it now both are good to use in my opinion

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
I use Premiere pro for my gaming content, and, After Effects for musical production.