YouTube List your video editing software

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
Ok so, I thought it be fun to have one of these topics where we can list what software(s) we use for editing and why. As a community we should be working together however possible to achieve our goals. Part of doing this comes from feedback from each others suggestions and tips. So copy the template from the code box and paste it into your reply and fill it out. This will no doubt help a lot of people out, to choose the best video editing software for them to use on Youtube.

Copy/Paste Template:

Code:
Program name ~

Where to buy it URL ~

Intermediate level ~

List of features the program offers ~

Why you choose to use it ~

Your reply should look like this quote:

Program name ~
Adobe Premier

Where to buy it URL ~
http://www.adobe.com/ie/products/premiere.html

Intermediate level ~
For advanced users

Animation Tools
Audio Transitions
Color Correction
Direct Camcorder Capture
Drag and Drop
DVD Burning
Green Screen (Chroma Keying)
HD Support
Speed Change
Subtitles
Video Transitions

Put your finishing words here, your reasons why you choose the software you have listed.

EmperorFun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2017
YouTube
Kaiser_Spass
Reactions: KeithExplores

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Program name ~ Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 (I own all of the Adobe CC software)

Where to buy it URL ~ http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html
(I have the student discount because I am part of a film program and it's $19.99 + Tax (Around $24.00 a month for student/teacher price instead of $49.99 + tax)

Intermediate level ~ Advanced

List of features the program offers ~ All of Adobe programs!

Why you choose to use it ~ It's the top video editing software that Hollywood filmmakers use.

P.S. I also own Final Cut Pro too, but I like Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 way more!

Last edited:

HDFX

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 5, 2017
Indonesia
www.imachak.tk
YouTube
Program name : HITFilm Express

Where to buy it URL : for hitfilm express, you can get it free at hitfilm[dot]com/express

Intermediate level : This application is very easy to understand, even though we are still a beginner.

List of features the program offers : you can check at their site.

Why you choose to use it : Free and have a good stuff for basic editing.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
There is not one single software I use for my editing. As a filmmaker I make a post production workflow comprised of many apps.
Here's just a few I use and their levels:
Premiere (Advanced), After effects (Advanced), SpeedGrade (Advanced), Photoshop (Intermediate), Audition (Advanced), Media Encoder (intermediate), FinalCutProX (Intermediate), Hitfilm 4 (Intermediate), Da Vinci Resolve (Intermediate)

I know you wanted just one however my workflow is too big to just have one. I rely on multiple programs to do different tasks.

The majority of my workflow is done in the creative cloud which you can buy a subscription to from adobes website. Some people say It is a bit pricey but when you think about what your getting for the price it's a tiny amount compared to the value of the software and price shouldn't matter if your willing to take your workflow to the next level.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Ok so, I thought it be fun to have one of these topics where we can list what software(s) we use for editing and why. As a community we should be working together however possible to achieve our goals. Part of doing this comes from feedback from each others suggestions and tips. So copy the template from the code box and paste it into your reply and fill it out. This will no doubt help a lot of people out, to choose the best video editing software for them to use on Youtube.

Copy/Paste Template:

Code:
Program name ~

Where to buy it URL ~

Intermediate level ~

Your reply should look like this quote:

Program name ~ Hitfilm 4 Express

Where to buy it URL ~ Free at https://hitfilm.com/express

Intermediate level ~ You should have some knowledge of editing software though there's good tutorials out there.

List of features the program offers ~ Literally everything I need plus a few hundreds more

Why you choose to use it ~ It's free and has everything I need (actually more than I need lol)

Last edited:

CommonFamilySurvival

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I use the creative cloud subscription app for $32.00 (monthly)
gives access to all Adobe programs,
Adobe premiere pro 2017 (video editing)
Adobe photo shop ( making thumbnails and any website back ground graphics or avatars)
Access to all there programs and apps
Level- Honestly I'm self teaching myself to use these programs so I can say a beginner can use these

FingertipPhil

New User
Freedom! Member
Jun 20, 2017
YouTube
fingertipphil

Program name ~ Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum

Where to buy it URL ~ Steam Store (can't link anything yet)

Intermediate level ~ Intermediate :)

List of features the program offers ~ Picture in Picture, slow-mo, Chroma-key and lots more!

Why you choose to use it ~ Price! and ease of use - had a look at some vids on functions etc. on YouTube, it was half-price boom!