What Editing Software Do You Use?

finallychurro

New User
Nov 25, 2016
YouTube
finallychurro
Hello Freedom Community!!! Wanted to ask ehat editing software do you guys use. Tight now Im using Sony Vegas Pro 11. I only have a month using it and its really easy to use. To be honest I like Adobe After Effects because it relly versatile compared to Sony Vegas Pro 11. Anyways just wanted to know if you guys use the same software or if you guys are using something else. :)

Last edited:

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
adobe premiere pro ($$) on windows, but I use kdenlive (free and open-source) on linux.

but I've also been looking at two other nonlinear editors for windows called hitfilm 4 express and davinci resolve - both are free to use.

finallychurro

New User
Nov 25, 2016
YouTube
finallychurro
adobe premiere pro ($$) on windows, but I use kdenlive (free and open-source) on linux.

but I've also been looking at two other nonlinear editors for windows called hitfilm 4 express and davinci resolve - both are free to use.
How is kdenlive on linux. I have my old acer laptop that is running linux mint. I have to check it out and see for myself. Heard some good reviews about that software.[DOUBLEPOST=1480150953][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use Wondershare Filmora.. I'm still learning it and I'm a beginner with these stuff.
I don't know how to get better at editing if someone has tips please share!
I use sony vegas pro 11. However when I first started I was using windows movie maker. It was a good way to learn how to edit. Also there are tons of videos in YouTube that show you color correction and Hd rendering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qdash GYT

Qdash GYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
How is kdenlive on linux. I have my old acer laptop that is running linux mint. I have to check it out and see for myself. Heard some good reviews about that software.[DOUBLEPOST=1480150953][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use sony vegas prob11. However when I first started I was using windows movie maker. It was a good way to learn how to edit. Also there are tons of videos in YouTube that show you color correction and Hd rendering.
did you buy sony vegas pro? it's 300 USD or what?

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
I use sony vegas pro 11. However when I first started I was using windows movie maker. It was a good way to learn how to edit. Also there are tons of videos in YouTube that show you color correction and Hd rendering.

Kdenlive is probably the best editor on Linux. People jokingly call it the "open-source sony vegas", but it really does fit the bill.

Dust the Fox

Rising User
Nov 3, 2015
YouTube
When I edit my videos I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13, I bought it last year on steam when it was on sale for 30 bucks and I still currently use it today and its not bad for what it is.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I'm using videopad at the moment. Not the best, but has everything I need.

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
Like others I started with window movie maker =P Was pretty good for basic editing and putting videos together. Not the highest quality but when you start you just need the feel. Then I moved onto vegas pro, can't remember the version but I do know the bloody thing uses all my cpu whenever I try to render >.>

finallychurro

New User
Nov 25, 2016
YouTube
finallychurro
Kdenlive is probably the best editor on Linux. People jokingly call it the "open-source sony vegas", but it really does fit the bill.
Thats what I have been told in School. I need to check it out for myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1480298886][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like others I started with window movie maker =P Was pretty good for basic editing and putting videos together. Not the highest quality but when you start you just need the feel. Then I moved onto vegas pro, can't remember the version but I do know the bloody thing uses all my cpu whenever I try to render >.>
Nothing wrong with Movie Maker. We have to start somewhere to edit lol. I feel you, Sony Vegas takes forever to render especially if you don't have a good cpu.