What does your YouTube subscribers mean to you?

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
I wanna know how people see their subscribers. Please be honest.

For me, it means more that it should. Call it obsessed, but if I lose a sub, I feel sad. I feel like I have failed someone.

Reactions: Insanity Promotions

Moster Pikachu

New User
Mar 11, 2015
YouTube
For me my subs are like my friends well that is how i see them not once have i ever seen them as a number i wanna have a community were no one is afraid to talk and for them to feel as if they can depend on me and other fans for advice, help or just a talk this is what i hope i can one day create with the help of the community ^-^.

Reactions: SuperMilkbox

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
For me my subs are like my friends well that is how i see them not once have i ever seen them as a number i wanna have a community were no one is afraid to talk and for them to feel as if they can depend on me and other fans for advice, help or just a talk this is what i hope i can one day create with the help of the community ^-^.
I agree with you. We want the same thing it seems, kind. : 3

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You know you're doing something right if getting another subscriber is "meh". Think about anyone with more than 100k subscribers, those who are truly successful on YouTube. They'd celebrate getting "x-hundred" subscribers in a day rather than one subscriber.

On my channel, subscribers are seen as a sign of interest in the content, but nothing is more grand to me than the almighty video view.

monoman

Do animated video!
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
I can't say subscriber is like my friends as I don't even know them. However, they are those group of people who I would like to befriend with cuz they share the same sense of humour with me :D . They're also supporters who keep me uploading new animation although it takes a lot of work. :D Glad to have 110 subs now although it's not that many but every single of them means something :)

Last edited:

Nrrday

New User
Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
I can't say subscriber is like my friends as I don't even know them. However, they are those group of people who I would like to befriend with cuz they have the same sense of humour with me :D . They're also supporters who keep me uploading new animation although it takes a lot of work. :D Glad to have 110 subs now although it's not that many but every single of them means something :)
i agree 100 % but i dont have that many XD

Reactions: monoman

Jasper de Zwaan

Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
Beijing
YouTube
jasperdezwaan
I wanna know how people see their subscribers. Please be honest.

For me, it means more that it should. Call it obsessed, but if I lose a sub, I feel sad. I feel like I have failed someone.
for me i always say that if you put them all in a room its a lot. for me its just a number to see how many people want to stick around. but i get more views then subscribers

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
To me, subscribers are people who is interested in what you do, which is one of the main reasons why they hit that button in the first place. An active subscriber is one who likes your content or yourself as a human. To me, I view subscribers as a community. We're all here to have fun.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
subscribers are special to me it means they found my content enjoyable enough to want to watch more and that means the world to me. When one leaves me I am always sad because everybody matters to me and I wish I knew why they go away so that I know if there is something I can improve upon

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
For me it is nice, I usually talk with my fans on fb page, if I lose some sub, that happens a lot I am very sad but what to do, still there are a lot of people in there liking the same things you do and it is great when you find people like that to have some great talks with them. :)

Insanity Promotions

Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
I love them so much,and to know that,there are some guys who's enjoying to my music edits,it means a lot for me,cuz when i was a kid,i was one of those kids that "lives in the shadows" and i wanted to enjoy people when i grow up,somehow,my channel now is 1 month old,and i have almost 300 subs and it feels good ^-^ i'll always do song requests and to answer them in comments/messages

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Well just coming back to youtube after a year of absence I feel my fans are more common watchers than fans. I think I lost all the people I could truly call 'fans' months ago. However I will still treat them with the same respect I always have and will attempt to reply to any comment left behind. Whether it be a compliment, feedback, destructive criticism or just an outright insult.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
You know you're doing something right if getting another subscriber is "meh". Think about anyone with more than 100k subscribers, those who are truly successful on YouTube. They'd celebrate getting "x-hundred" subscribers in a day rather than one subscriber.

On my channel, subscribers are seen as a sign of interest in the content, but nothing is more grand to me than the almighty video view.
Yeah I agree with some of this. I think I should elaborate on my original post. Like I said for me it's proof that I'm doing something right but only if they're an active subscriber as I stated. Meaning a meaningful relationship has been made between one individual to another. I truly do value each and every single individual that subscribes to me for the right reason. Every subscriber is the possibility of a friend in my eyes, every subscriber has tremendous weight to me. Of course I'm describing the subscribers that subscribed for the "right" reasons that is. Because they are interested in me and what I'm about and want to be part of my little community of positivity. I feel like I'm doing something right when I can get subscribers like that, that is. Of course it's hard to tell the difference sometimes. I feel like I'm doing something right because if people are paying attention to me based on my personality and ideas that tells me that I must be doing a good job in expressing those ideas to a mass audience instead of my philosophies or meaning being lost in translation somewhere along the way. It shows me that I must be presenting myself in the way that I want because people are responding in the way that I hoped. It shows me that I'm communicating my message effectively IF like I said it's the type of subscribers that are subscribing for the "right" reasons. The ones that don't end up leaving later anyway and your channel becomes better for it because it becomes just a little more focused.

Reactions: SuperMilkbox