What do you think of the mid-roll ads in your videos?

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
On my channel, I don't do mid-roll ads. However if I'm watching someone I enjoy watching, I don't mind them, if it helps them in terms of continuing the growth of videos and so forth.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Personally, I don't like it.
I hate it with Hulu and YouTube's the same thing. I don't like having interruptions when I'm watching my videos.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
I put mid-roll ads on my videos. I personally don't mind them if they're helping out the YouTuber I'm watching. I find it selfish to hate or dislike YouTubers for putting mid-roll ads in their videos when they get to see their videos free of charge. People pay to watch channels on the TV, and still get mid-roll ads, whilst on YouTube, it's free to watch videos from your favourite content maker so it's unfair to judge channels negatively when they use mid-roll ads in their videos.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I don't like it. I'm not doing youtube for the money so I have no reason to annoy my viewers with ads in the middle of a video. Nothing wrong with something at the start or the end of a video as that's pretty normal but mid-rolls always feels like crossing the line to me so I don't do it.

PLM-YoutTube

Feb 22, 2016
Devon, England
YouTube
I don't monetize my videos because the ads are a waste of peoples time. Obviously if you have enough subs to earn money from your videos then I think you should monetize your videos because then it earns money and that's great. I think if you monetize your videos then that's great but only have mid-roll ads if you have enough subs to make a good amount of money. Ads that won't actually create income will jsut turn viewers away. Anyway most people use adblock.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Mid-roll and long non-skip ads are the epitome of greed on YouTube.

That said, I've used midroll ads before, but they were always 1 second before the end of the video. I have since stopped using those ads in favor of the post-roll ad.