Request What do you think of my channel trailer?

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube

So as the title suggests, I'd like to know what people think of my channel trailer. Its not the amazing really, but it is alteast something. I'll probably end up re-doing it in a year or so anyways.​

Reactions: RockieGO

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Your resident filmmaker is in town and it's time for a roast. REVIEW.
So lemme divide this up Into 3 parts:
Positive, negative and interesting.
PROS:
  • Your choice of music. It really brings excitement to the trailer.
  • Your footage. It's really high quality captured (compared to others I've seen).
  • The length. 30 seconds to around a minute is the sweet spot.
IMPROVMENTS:
  • 10 second rule! 5 second rule! Remember to catch the viewers attention in the first 5 seconds and trap them, I mean draw them in, in the first ten.
  • Editing. Could do with quicker cuts. Try to keep the energy and momentum up.
  • Introduce! Introduce your channel in some way weather it may we talking about your content or putting fancy text.
  • Call to action. Include a call to action at the end.
Interesting:
  • The blurred bars to make the footage look more professional.

Hope this isn't too picky and it helps you!

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Your resident filmmaker is in town and it's time for a roast. REVIEW.
So lemme divide this up Into 3 parts:
Positive, negative and interesting.
PROS:
  • Your choice of music. It really brings excitement to the trailer.
  • Your footage. It's really high quality captured (compared to others I've seen).
  • The length. 30 seconds to around a minute is the sweet spot.
IMPROVMENTS:
  • 10 second rule! 5 second rule! Remember to catch the viewers attention in the first 5 seconds and trap them, I mean draw them in, in the first ten.
  • Editing. Could do with quicker cuts. Try to keep the energy and momentum up.
  • Introduce! Introduce your channel in some way weather it may we talking about your content or putting fancy text.
  • Call to action. Include a call to action at the end.
Interesting:
  • The blurred bars to make the footage look more professional.

Hope this isn't too picky and it helps you!

Na, that's just the kind of review I was wanting :). I was rather stumped fro what to put at the start, due to not having much content to put in it. I might change that next time. Personally I was going for more of the this is what you can expect just from the footage though I agree on maybe adding text to explain some things. As for a call to action, the end card part has that covered really. Glad you found the blurred bars interesting. When I was considering doing the original harry potter games I felt it would ruin the mod a bit if I went and stretched the game to a 16:9 resolution when the game was made for 4:3. I did take a look at what the stretched version would look like and personally I didn't like it as it did seem stretched, so I went with blur instead of nothing just to fill the space :)

nishicake

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
YouTube
I agree with @Showcase One I love the music but personally, I am not drawn in to watch the trailer!

Introduce yourself! I have no idea who you are!
Shorter clips! Although the screen captures are SUPER top notch, they're too long!
Don't include the sound from your videos unless it's super relevant to your channel (running jokes/gags, funny moments, etc)

I hope that this isn't super harsh, it's just what I thought when I watched the trailer!!

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Scrap introducing the channel trailer as the channel trailer, makes the video seem weird. Also add some vocals to the beginning.

I agree with @Showcase One I love the music but personally, I am not drawn in to watch the trailer!

Introduce yourself! I have no idea who you are!
Shorter clips! Although the screen captures are SUPER top notch, they're too long!
Don't include the sound from your videos unless it's super relevant to your channel (running jokes/gags, funny moments, etc)

I hope that this isn't super harsh, it's just what I thought when I watched the trailer!!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to work on these on my next trailer.​