What do you swear by for recording software?

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
I was wondering what the masses thought about recording software, and what they think is the best one to use out of the bunches that there are out there. I personally use bandicam, because it works and seems to be one of the best from my opinion. So, what do you swear by?!

Blazerunner70

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2015
Canada
YouTube
Personally I use Action! by Mirillis. This is good for PC recording, and even allows for streaming ( though I haven't used that feature yet ). High quality recording too!

Reactions: Nuke

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Personally I use Action! by Mirillis. This is good for PC recording, and even allows for streaming ( though I haven't used that feature yet ). High quality recording too!
Action is very good but it hogs a lot of RAM and has to use at least 75% of ram to record in 720p or higher.
Action Is the Only One I Use Its the Best HD 60FPS Screen Recording Software

Action can have 1080p so it's very good but sadly it uses a lot of RAM and at least 75% of most CPU's so it's hard on my syste .

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
It Uses About 12% Of My CPU
And About 2GB Of My RAM
2GB of ram I still a lot to use. It's a system resource hogger but if you have good enough of a setup it won't hurt you much but for us people that can afford expensive setups it sucks a little :)[DOUBLEPOST=1446528589][/DOUBLEPOST]
OBS forever! :) It's very customizable, records GREAT, and lightweight. Oh, and FREE!
Agreed but it's settings are a little advances so first time users would have a little trouble but I used it before and I liked it :)

Reactions: Neal

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
2GB of ram I still a lot to use. It's a system resource hogger but if you have good enough of a setup it won't hurt you much but for us people that can afford expensive setups it sucks a little :)[DOUBLEPOST=1446528589][/DOUBLEPOST]
Agreed but it's settings are a little advances so first time users would have a little trouble but I used it before and I liked it :)
I mean, it's one easy YouTube search away ;)

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Try Bandicam And xspit They Take Very Little Of You RAM

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Try Bandicam And xspit They Take Very Little Of You RAM
Xsplit is a data hog too but bandicam works well for me, I can encode in 1080p on my crappy laptop so it works very well :)[DOUBLEPOST=1446611505][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean, it's one easy YouTube search away ;)
I know but some people aren't too bright, lol :D

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Xsplit is a data hog too but bandicam works well for me, I can encode in 1080p on my crappy laptop so it works very well :)[DOUBLEPOST=1446611505][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know but some people aren't too bright, lol :D
Ohhhhh I Did Not Know You Were Using A Laptop When I Was Talking About Action My Experience Was Based From Use On My Desktop Bandicam Is Really Good For Laptops My Laptop Cant Use Action Ether and OBS Does Not Work At All For Me
My Laptop Is Really Low End LOL[DOUBLEPOST=1446640915][/DOUBLEPOST]
OBS forever! :) It's very customizable, records GREAT, and lightweight. Oh, and FREE!
OBS Eats Your Hardware Like Crazy But Is Free xD
OBS Is Not Good For Laptops

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Ohhhhh I Did Not Know You Were Using A Laptop When I Was Talking About Action My Experience Was Based From Use On My Desktop Bandicam Is Really Good For Laptops My Laptop Cant Use Action Ether and OBS Does Not Work At All For Me
OBS is EXTREMELY lightweight. I have way better frames with OBS over other programs.

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
All my videos are shot with Bandicam, I haven't tried any others, because Bandicam was one of the highest rated when I looked. But I always have at least 60 FPS and I record in 1080p. I guess I'm a little biased :b

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Yeah, I have a crappy laptop, it's hard to put out good content with a crappy setup but I still try my best :)

Reactions: CyberPhython