What do you need to be considered a youtuber

Picept

Rising User
Dec 4, 2016
Long Island, NY
YouTube
Picept
Hello, another post once again and I keep on thinking of things for some strange reason might be my creative mind on overdrive or something.
Anyways i see these people talking about how they are a youtuber and have like 1 video with 4 views on it, which makes me think... What would your standards be for someone to be a youtuber? would it be to just have a video uploaded or just a channel? Or do you need a certain milestone like 100 subscribers or 20k views In my opinion if you want to consider yourself a youtuber you need 50k total views 5k total likes and 300 subscribers which i dont in any case come close to any of those criteria Tell me what you think :D

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Personally I would consider anyone a YouTuber if they hit the following criteria :
- Have an active channel - means uploading on a somewhat regular schedule
- Have interaction with comments they get / other sites
- Have a set amount of views (probably say over a few thousand) - that isn't to put anyones channel down if they don't have it but you can't really just set up a channel, have one view and say "I'm a YouTuber"

Please note this is just my personal opinion, I know some other people, and other users on this forum may not consider people to be a "YouTuber" until they have a few thousand subscribers / are doing it full time so it really is subjective and down to everyone's perceptions

LethargicCoffee

New User
Dec 5, 2016
YouTube
LethargicCoffee
It really depends on what they mean by it. If they are just meaning I do youtube videos for fun, then as long as they have a few videos out, even if it has 0 views then thats fine. If they are acting high and mighty about it, they best have a substantial amount of views and subs to back it up.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
To be called a youtuber you would in my opnion need a active channel wich has a personal Avatar, Banner, some social media links, a detailed about section and content of course.

Once you have the basics and upload with a schedule and keep this up you can call yourself a youtuber.