YouTube What do you hate about making videos?

Rvcboy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 20, 2016
Estonia
YouTube
Thought to ask this question as we mostly speak about positive stuff here and a little bit of negative into the mix makes it better. Personally I hate at the moment editing my videos as I cannot play the video back from editor right now which makes it hard to find boring parts of the gameplay and rendering takes quite a bit of time too due to integrated GPU.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
for me its the editing workflow, just because everything lags so much, its takes 4 times a long as it would to record it. Even with a dedicated GPU it makes little difference. realistically I need an upgrade to be able to edit well but I simply can't afford to for another 3-4 years (That's university life for you). I'm not to fussed about render times but they could be faster than an hour.​

Alex Ecker

Respected User
Mar 15, 2017
Wadena, Minnesota
YouTube
imReactss
Thought to ask this question as we mostly speak about positive stuff here and a little bit of negative into the mix makes it better. Personally I hate at the moment editing my videos as I cannot play the video back from editor right now which makes it hard to find boring parts of the gameplay and rendering takes quite a bit of time too due to integrated GPU.
I dont really hate anything about it but editing would be my least favorite to do when making videos.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
It's hard to say. For me editing allows me to review my content and make sure what I've recorded is pretty much up to my standards. Editing allows me to just improve on it.

I guess if I had to have a negative, it would have to be the layouts when it comes to premier, like finding effects or tweaking small options here and there. But overall, i enjoy editing as it allows me to add a bit more appeal to my videos. Though, i don't rely on editing to make my videos enjoyable, that's where my personality comes in, but editing small things here and there is the cherry on top.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
For me, there was something I hate every step, but I keep on going anyway.

Recording: Setting up takes a lot of time (especially with face cams).
I have to record between 12 AM - 3 AM for optimum noise levels for recording (I already am sleep deprived because of college)
Dogs in the neighborhood will bark and bark for minutes in some cases which ruins part of the video and I have to stop until they all calm down. (This happens about 3-4 times per recording.)

Editing: Putting them all together is hard since there is a different file for the facecam, commentary and game, but that's what it should be, right?
I can't put certain effects since the Editor is limiting me (or so I thought)
I have to sacrifice the quality of the video by making it undergo a file size cut for upload.

Uploading: Basically, just the time. It takes me about 6 hours to upload a 900+ MB video since our Internet is running on a 0.4 mbps upload speed.

But you know what, those things doesn't stop me. I like what I do, and I guess I'll keep on doing this even though it's hard. No one is making me do this, and no one is stopping me as well. :)

Reactions: IDubHD and Rvcboy

MrCyanGaming

Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
YouTube
When you increase the standards for your own videos. When this starts to happen, it feels like you're either uploading something you're not proud of, or future increasing that standard for your own content.

Mr Grim

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Swansea
YouTube
swanseajack999
Last week I recorded a video with a buddy it took us nearly two hours to get it perfect before editing. The next day I started editing and noticed that my ps4 had reset my part settings so all my audio didn't record. But I hate it when I'm putting commentary over gameplay and I'm nearly finished and then one of the kids run in to the room or my dog starts barking in her sleep. Always happens.

Y

YourSimpleGamer

I dont care much for editing errors, when they happen and Im in the middle of something and it closes with out my saving. Grrr

MrJ

Mar 25, 2017
YouTube
I hate the actual uploading part because my internet is **** and for some reason when I upload the internet just dies and if i try and watch youtube while the video is uploading the video will be buffery and the only way to stop it is to drop the quality to like 360p

IDubHD

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 23, 2015
YouTube
I think the editing is the worst part, sometimes a 10 min long video takes 3 hours to edit...

EmperorFun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2017
YouTube
Kaiser_Spass
I hate it when the hard and software does not work as intended and screws up your hard work
Also outside noises, you can't influence really annoy me

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Honestly it's probably the editing process. I like to record 30+ minute videos normally and with each one I have to go through everything one more time to make sure there was nothing messed up in the footage (I also like to watch it again to figure out what I'm going to do for a title/description/tags)

It's a pretty time consuming process. If I could just skip all that and spend more time on recording/watching videos/playing other games I would love to do that. I can't imagine how time consuming it would be if I did any actual editing in my videos like some people do.

EmperorFun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2017
YouTube
Kaiser_Spass
I hate audio desync, and I hate when you make a new vid and don't save it as you go, and your editor crashes. lol It happens! Sometimes editing can be a pain in the nuts, but apart from that. I love what I do, but my only other wish is more people loved what I do. :(

That's why i use Lightworks it saves while you edit