what do you guys think

kpatjmat67

Freedom! Member
Jun 12, 2016
YouTube
I have a gaming channel and I upload 2 times a week do you guys think I should start a shout out sunday

Breezy123

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2016
England
YouTube
If you want to start a shoutout series go for it but I know from experience that they attract a lot of inactive subscribers.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
NONONONONONONOOOOOPE.

A shoutout series done by a small channel nets alot of subscribers who will not be there for your content. Let me place example on something here on the forums. I find that within the "Content" section and the "Community Reviews" section, the ones that get the most replies and views are the ones where people are offering to help others, while the ones who would like others to help them get left in the dust. Specifically in the "content" section, there are many posts that will get 1, 2, 3, or sometimes 4 views, and rarely a reply. While those where people can help themselves would get dozens or hundreds of views and replies.. That's basically a theme throughout this forum. People will be out for something that can help themselves, but won't care much for your actual content.
Since you're a gaming channel, you'll want to post regular gaming content without doing a shoutout series all the time, those videos will get stupidly low views compared to your shoutout series because that's not what the majority of your subscribers subscribed for. They just want to get their shoutout, and when they finally get it they'll never show up again.

TL;DR.

Don't do it, you'll regret it.

The OG Lime

Rising User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
NONONONONONONOOOOOPE.

A shoutout series done by a small channel nets alot of subscribers who will not be there for your content. Let me place example on something here on the forums. I find that within the "Content" section and the "Community Reviews" section, the ones that get the most replies and views are the ones where people are offering to help others, while the ones who would like others to help them get left in the dust. Specifically in the "content" section, there are many posts that will get 1, 2, 3, or sometimes 4 views, and rarely a reply. While those where people can help themselves would get dozens or hundreds of views and replies.. That's basically a theme throughout this forum. People will be out for something that can help themselves, but won't care much for your actual content.
Since you're a gaming channel, you'll want to post regular gaming content without doing a shoutout series all the time, those videos will get stupidly low views compared to your shoutout series because that's not what the majority of your subscribers subscribed for. They just want to get their shoutout, and when they finally get it they'll never show up again.

TL;DR.

Don't do it, you'll regret it.
That is a good point but if he is giving people shoutouts then he is helping someone

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
That is a good point but if he is giving people shoutouts then he is helping someone
Not when everyone is out for themselves. If I subscribed to someone for the chance of getting a shoutout, I'm not going to care for their content or the other people being shouted out. I would only care about getting that shoutout, and in a channel where all of its viewers and subscribers are just like that, I would end up with a net zero benefit from it.

The OG Lime

Rising User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
Not when everyone is out for themselves. If I subscribed to someone for the chance of getting a shoutout, I'm not going to care for their content or the other people being shouted out. I would only care about getting that shoutout, and in a channel where all of its viewers and subscribers are just like that, I would end up with a net zero benefit from it.
Ok yeah didn't think about that. Good Advice