What do you do with yours?

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
Hi all,

I have been running my channel now for 5 and have over 160 videos uploaded. The issue im having is after I upload what shall I do with the video left over on my hard drive?

What do you do?

Do I keep them on a separate hard drive or do I delete them? As you can imagine over 160 videos each being about 1 to 3 GB each, that's a lot of hard drive space. I feel I can't delete them as I spent time creating them, but why do I need them, surely they are not going to get lost when they are uploaded right?

Anyway, what do you do with yours after you have uploaded them?

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
I have pretty big hard drives, but once I finish them, I just compress/zip the files.
oh that might be a good idea.

The only thing that might put me off doing anything with them at the mo is when i do montage videos and the such, it will be easier to use them instead of having to unzip or download them. I have plenty of space left at the mo and hard drives are pretty cheap anyway.

TechNoboOrig

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
South Africa
www.YouTube.com
YouTube
Keep the newest video from each playlist you upload to, so maybe: Gameplays and How-To's
so that you can use them in call-to-actions in the end of your future videos, when you make a new one, replace the older one with the newer one and delete the old one.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
oh that might be a good idea.

The only thing that might put me off doing anything with them at the mo is when i do montage videos and the such, it will be easier to use them instead of having to unzip or download them. I have plenty of space left at the mo and hard drives are pretty cheap anyway.

I think what is meant is after you uploaded it and want to save the back-up then compress and Zip as it takes the least space.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I keep all my videos in my hard drive cause i like to be able to reuse the footage for trailers or compilations...

But ill probably lose then one day eventually anyways dye to hard drive failure

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Hi all,

I have been running my channel now for 5 and have over 160 videos uploaded. The issue im having is after I upload what shall I do with the video left over on my hard drive?

What do you do?

Do I keep them on a separate hard drive or do I delete them? As you can imagine over 160 videos each being about 1 to 3 GB each, that's a lot of hard drive space. I feel I can't delete them as I spent time creating them, but why do I need them, surely they are not going to get lost when they are uploaded right?

I delete them after a day or two on YT, no reason to save them because you can re-download them as a MP4 file from your channel

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
Hi all,

What do you do?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but you can get a program called "handbreak" that compresses the video files.