What do you do when you have a song that is copyrighted?

Liam and Taylor's Corner

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
YouTube
mcbp328
Say, in your video, you have a background music that is relevant to your content but that song is copyrighted by the owner? Do you deleted the video and just don't bother to upload it? Or do you just leave it as it is? YouTube says it does not affect your channel standing but monetization will go to the one claiming the copyright. Thanks in advance!

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
If it my art video or some other video. I delete. As long it, not a bad copyright mark. You should be able to delete without having any problem. I think there was one video that got a really bad copyright mark, and it was in an audio swap. I delete before the owner got to take a look at it, and they want to do something, but it end up being youtube own doing for have a copyright music on their website for people to use. So they can't do nothing to me. Lucky me!

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
If nothing happens then I do nothing because a regular song claim is harmless. If it gets blocked in some countries however I'll upload two versions of it one with the song and one without the song. I had to do that recently playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep because the Kingdom Hearts Theme Song Simple and Clean made the video get blocked in Germany so I uploaded the video a second time without the song for my German viewers so they could watch the video.

Last edited:

Liam and Taylor's Corner

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
YouTube
mcbp328
If nothing happens then I do nothing because a regular song claim is harmless. If it gets blocked in some countries however I'll upload two versions of it one with the song and one without the song. I had to do that recently playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep because the Kingdom Hearts Theme Song Simple and Clean made the video get blocked in Germany so I uploaded the video a second time without the song for my German viewers so they could watch the video.

That's actually smart. I have one or two videos blocked in Germany as well. Will have to do that next time. Although I hope to avoid any more copyright if I can.