What could I do!?

GizmoShock

Mar 23, 2016
IN, USA
YouTube
Wassup folks, I was wondering if you fellow youtubers and more have any tips for my channel. I am mostly looking for ways of improving my banner, intro or outro, and how to gain likes, views, and subscribers. Also, if you guys have any general tips for improving my channel please let me know. I am always looking for ways of improving it.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Wassup folks, I was wondering if you fellow youtubers and more have any tips for my channel. I am mostly looking for ways of improving my banner, intro or outro, and how to gain likes, views, and subscribers. Also, if you guys have any general tips for improving my channel please let me know. I am always looking for ways of improving it.
There should be a section for offers/requests in the forum, if you'd like to improve channel art and need an intro/outro, I'd ask there.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Pay for artwork, invest in your own equipment, because money leads to more success ^^

Hammond_Piers

Rising User
Mar 22, 2016
YouTube
I'd say first off that scrap the intro. If you look at popular channels you'll see that very few have the type intros that are very popular amongst small youtubers. Second, I'd have to disagree with @fattmat here and say that you don't need to invest in banners, logos and thumbnails. Instead, learn how to make them yourself, its a rewarding process which in my opinion should be done by the content creator. I do, however, agree with him that you should invest in your system. Without a decent system you wont be able to play and record games that most people want to watch.

My final bit of advice would be to try and make your videos compelling and engaging. Edit them in such a way that the audience is engrossed in the video and wants to watch to the end, that way, you'll get better retention time, and, with better retention time comes more subscribers and more views.

GizmoShock

Mar 23, 2016
IN, USA
YouTube
I'd say first off that scrap the intro. If you look at popular channels you'll see that very few have the type intros that are very popular amongst small youtubers. Second, I'd have to disagree with @fattmat here and say that you don't need to invest in banners, logos and thumbnails. Instead, learn how to make them yourself, its a rewarding process which in my opinion should be done by the content creator. I do, however, agree with him that you should invest in your system. Without a decent system you wont be able to play and record games that most people want to watch.

My final bit of advice would be to try and make your videos compelling and engaging. Edit them in such a way that the audience is engrossed in the video and wants to watch to the end, that way, you'll get better retention time, and, with better retention time comes more subscribers and more views.
Ok, that sounds awesoke, and thanks! What kind of intros would you recommend?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube

Not everybody has the ability to make art. I understand that we disagree on this matter, but having a seasoned veteran make your art, is easier, time efficient, and you don't need to learn how to make art :p If he has the ability/resources to make it, then I'd say go for it. But allocating your time correctly is the biggest concern. Thumbnails are easier to make yourself, banner + profile picture would work out either way.

TranXify

Rising User
Jan 29, 2016
YouTube
I can not honestly tell you a specific thing to follow. Each channel is unique in its on way. We all started somewhere. We got **** ton of advice, but the best way to learn is experience, to be honest. You do something, it fails, you fix it, you discover your way of fixing it is not really proper, so you fix it again. Youtube is a VERY slow place to grow on because everything comes with experience. The only way for you to skip steps is to really have an experience Youtuber to your side 24/7 :p

GizmoShock

Mar 23, 2016
IN, USA
YouTube
I can not honestly tell you a specific thing to follow. Each channel is unique in its on way. We all started somewhere. We got **** ton of advice, but the best way to learn is experience, to be honest. You do something, it fails, you fix it, you discover your way of fixing it is not really proper, so you fix it again. Youtube is a VERY slow place to grow on because everything comes with experience. The only way for you to skip steps is to really have an experience Youtuber to your side 24/7 :p
Are you an experienced youtuber???