What are your must have apps for creating YT videos?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I regularly use photoshop (image editing thumbnails), Fraps (game recording), audacity (audio recorder), and Avid Studio (video editor).

And I have a program for editing on my cell phone call androvid pro

Of course there are free alternatives... but I like these...

Reactions: Brent Cone

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
See @Neal , im not the only person using Fraps :p
I personally just use Fraps and Adobe CS4 to record etc. Im a bad editor so i mostly just record raw footage and upload that.
Okay there are 2 of you.

I just think OBS is way better because 1) It's FREE. And completely. You can't spend any more money than 0 to use it. 2) It's lightweight file wise and CPU wise while recording.

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
Adobe After Effects.

I use that program for everything!! Thumbnails, Cutting, Effects, You Name It! ;)

However, If I make gameplay videos then FRAPS is a first choise :) Then editing everything in After Effects! :D

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Sony Vegas, Audacity & Gimp.

Sony Vegas is by far the most intuitive software for video editing I've ever used. Although pricey, it is definitely worth the ~$200 it's valued at.

Audacity, all you need in an audio recording software. Doesn't matter the video I'm doing, it will be present in cleaning up audio and getting it ready for editing in Sony Vegas.

In the end, Gimp helps create the thumbnail. No real reason to choose it over Photoshop when talking about substance.

C4RP3T

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2014
Netherlands
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Adobe Premiere for editing. Most people use Sony Vegas but i'm used to Adobe interfaces. Dxtory for video capture, It's lighter than Fraps and allowes me to split my audio recordings in multiple files. So I have game audio, My voice and my friends's voices all in different audio files. I use audacity to edit audio files but most of the time I just use premiere for that. I also use photoshop but a good replacement for photoshop is Pixlr.com. Pixlr is a in-browser photoshop. really handy if you don't have money for photoshop or just all out lazy and want a quick way to edit (like me) My photoshop is on a macbook and I disgust that little laptop.